Hospital Operations – Accounts Payable Manager Jobs in Tenet Healthcare Fort Lauderdale, FL
Website Tenet Healthcare
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Tenet Healthcare in Fort Lauderdale, FL 2022
About the job
The Hospital Operations – Accounts Payable Manager provides knowledge and expertise in accounts payable activities, process flows and operations ensuring timely payments of vendor invoices in accordance with Tenet policies and procedures. He or she provides guidance and support to accounts payable processes, resolves problems and provides advice for streamlining procedures. In addition, he or she works with employees and vendors on complex invoices/vouchers resolving vendor discrepancies in a timely manner. The Accounts Payable Manager builds and maintains relationships with peers, purchasing entity leaders, and Material Management teams, while fostering a positive and efficient work environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serves as a subject matter expert and resource to employees and customers, demonstrated by knowledge of systems, policies, and processes.
- Demonstrates a cooperative style that eliminates boundaries to achieve integrated, efficient, and quality service
- Communicates effectively, both written and verbal with all levels in the organization; Works with vendors, facility management, and other accounts payable team leadership and staff to help resolve vendor discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Works with leadership to provide guidance, support and mentoring to accounts payable team members
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt during periods of change
- Completes various ad hoc and special projects as requested by Tenet Leadership
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities appropriately
- Reviews invoices and payment for correctness and completeness to ensure the appropriate documentation and approvals prior to payment.
- Reconciles invoices with vendor statements to verify accuracy of related documents and information
- Provides constructive feedback to Accounts Payable on issues and concerns identified
- Builds and maintains relationships with peers, facility departments heads, and material management teams
- Represents Corporate Hospital Operations team in the facility exception meetings
- Fosters an environment designed around customer service, and creates a collaborative culture between Supply Chain, Accounts Payable, and Tenet entities
- Provides suggestions in payables processing for continuous improvement in accuracy and efficiency
- Adheres to all Tenet policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Functional Area Outcomes and Expectations
- Ensures that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits
- Ensures the AP Specialists and Supervisors are trained, mentored, and supervised
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be proficient in ten-key by touch
- Ability to analyze problems, compile data, and reach logical conclusions
- Ability to demonstrate objectivity in decision making and fact-based analysis
- Ability to comprehend and enforce policies and procedures
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task a proven record of working to tight deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy in a high-volume processing and fast paced environment
- Effective attention to detail, time management, organizational, leadership and communication skills (both written and oral)
Required And Preferred Qualifications
Required Experience: 4-6 years of Accounts Payable experience; 1-3 years of managerial experience
Preferred Experience: 6+; years of Accounts Payable experience; 3+ years of managerial experience Processing experience in a hospital or healthcare company; experience working in a shared service organization, experience in leading a team
Required Education: High school diploma or its equivalent require
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred Computer Applications: Proficient in MS Word and Outlook; advanced proficiency in Excel; proficient in general accounting software; strong typing/ 10-key/ data entry skills
Physical Requirements: Lifting/ carrying up to 20 lbs., walking, sitting, stranding, repetitive activity, work with moderate background noise, verbally communication
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Tenet Healthcare complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Primary Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Facility: 984-Fort Lauderdale, FL
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Company: Tenet Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Executive
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Application Deadline: N/A