A role with Target’s OI Data Analytics team is a chance to help develop our in-house strength for getting the maximum value from Target’s many data assets. We see data as a product, and as an opportunity to experiment, to refine our approach to new supply chain problems. This is how we bring to life what wasn’t possible yesterday, and generate new avenues of insights for Target’s supply chain business in the process. Together, we positively impact changes across various initiatives, processes and interdependencies that require exceptional data collection, pattern finding, modelling, measurement and analysis — ultimately leading to quicker and more meaningful decision-making at Target.
- Drive a continuous improvement mindset by seeking out new ways to solve problems through formal trainings, peer interactions and industry publications to continually improve technically, implement best practises and analytical acumen
- Contribute the evaluation and design of relevant technical guides and tools to hire great talent by partnering with talent acquisition
- Participate in Agile ceremonies to keep the team up-to-date on task progress, as needed
- Be expert in specific business domain, self-directed and drive execution towards outcomes, understand business inter-dependencies, conduct detailed problem solving, remediate obstacles, use independent judgement and decision making to deliver as per product scope, provide inputs to establish product/ project timelines
- Role is about being passionate about data, analysis, metrics development, feature experimentation and its application to improve both business strategies, as well as support to GSCL operations team
- Develop, model and apply analytical best practices while upskilling and coaching others on new and emerging technologies to raise the bar for performance in analysis by sharing with others (clients, peers, etc.) well documented analytical solutions .
- Participate in learning forums, or be a buddy to help increase awareness and adoption of current technical topics relevant for analytics competency e.g. Tools (R, Python); exploratory & descriptive techniques ( basic statistics and modelling)
- Champion participation in internal meetups, hackathons; presents in internal conferences, relevant to analytics competency
- Strong data understanding inference of patterns, root cause, statistical analysis, understanding forecasting/predictive modelling, , etc.
- Able to support conclusions with analytical evidence using descriptive stats, inferential stats and data visualizations
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with ambiguous problem definitions, recognize dependencies and deliver impact solutions through logical problem solving and technical ideations
- Candidates with strong domain knowledge and relevant experience in Supply Chain / Retails analytics would be highly preferred
Qualification & Experience:
- Hands on experience with analytics tools: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Python, R, Domo and/or equivalent technologies
- B.E/B.Tech (+6 years of relevant exp), M.Tech, M.Sc. , MCA (+7 years of relevant exp)
- Advanced SQL experience writing complex queries
- Experience working with Product teams and business leaders to develop product roadmaps and feature development
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mangaluru, Karnataka, IN
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org