You are a team that champions change, proactively removes roadblocks and builds diverse and inclusive talent strategies to deliver on our guest centric mission. You lead a team of HR Experts that are committed to supporting teams and leaders to build a sales force that is passionate about exceeding guests’ expectations and a place where teams love to work. As the Human Resources Team Leader, most of your time is spent with the team and on the salesfloor, understanding business priorities and seeing first-hand how you can continuously propel the business forward in support of growing sales.
- Collaborate with leaders to build teams that are committed to continuous learning through ongoing observations and reinforcement of guest-centric and sales behaviors
- Demonstrate a service culture that prioritizes the guest service experience. Model, train and coach expectations to deliver the service standard.
- Lead an open-door culture where team members feel heard and issues are quickly resolved
- Support leadership with creating schedules that fit both the guest and team members needs by teaching leaders the importance of understanding their team members scheduling desires.
- Support the leadership team’s capabilities in developing their teams based on career aspirations, individual skills and experiences and provide growth opportunities to retain talent
- Support the development of leaders and help your peers be champions of a guest-centric culture
- Champion a culture where teams love to work, and guests love to shop; recognize guest-centered behaviors and reward outstanding performance
- Support the leadership team in ensuring equitable experiences, strengthening inclusion acumen, and promoting a culture of inclusivity and belonging that embraces the contributions of all team members.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
- Skills in planning HR department daily/weekly workload to support HR business priorities
- Ability to use industry leading people and scheduling software
- Skills in recruiting and event organization
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws
- Ability to read financial reporting and interpret data
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with Office Suite computer and workforce management programs
- Experience leading a team of hourly HR experts including: skills in interviewing, developing, coaching, evaluating and retaining talent
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org