Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under takealotcom in CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Financial Manager to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people to join us. We offer a market related package and a great work environment with a promise that you won’t be bored, as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Main Purpose of the role:
Financial Manager – Takealot Group Logistics will be responsible for providing financial control to the Takealot Logistics department, ensuring adherence to budgeting, internal controls and key performance indicators. The role reports to the Takealot Head of Group Finance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare the Takealot Logistics budgets and presentation packs
- Prepare monthly management accounts and cost centre reports (actual vs.budget)
- Identify, investigate and report on variances, performance indicators, trends and financial ratios and make recommendations for improvements
- Monitor all delivery costs/volumes, investigate variances, provide reasons for overspending and make recommendations for improvements
- Review, monitor, recalculate and approve monthly costings and volumes reports, costs allocations and delivery costs
- Monitor, prepare and report on capital expenditure (actual vs budget, capex utilisation and return on investment) per project etc.
- Assist the finance teams to ensure accuracy of divisional and consolidated monthly management accounts, year end and ad hoc reporting
- Continuous iteration of internal controls relevant to Takealot Logistics, including monitoring and enforcing compliance thereof.
- Ensure correct accounting, reporting and financial controls for Takealot’s owned branches/delivery hubs
- Provide expense and cost centre allocations and purchase order approval to ensure accuracy of accounts
- Manage Takealot’s Fleet Reporting, compare Actual vs Budget, review fleet utilisation, kilometer balancing, analyse cost per kilometre and per vehicle and make recommendations where required.
- Perform valuations on Takealot Logistics franchisees.
- Collect, analyse and report on the financial performance of Takealot Logistics’ Franchisees
- Manage and assist with interaction between franchisees and Takealot’s finance team on billings, operations, standard operating procedures, the internal control environment and other finance related matters etc.
- Implement and assist franchisees with standardised, simplified and uniform financial processes, accounts and reporting tools
- Manage, facilitate and review the Cash On Delivery (COD) collection process – including, recons, rates, cash box requirements, operational queries, cash collection etc
- Perform financial modelling on new and existing delivery/logistics initiatives, fleet expansion and new business models
- Implement and oversee financial processes at implementation of new logistics business models, internal control procedures, Actual vs Budget Cost Tracking, Reporting etc.
- Engage with different Business Stakeholders on project initiatives, costs analysis etc
- Manage a team of accountants, administrators and analysts
Qualifications And Key Competencies
- B. Com (Logistics)
- CIMA Qualification / CA (SA) advantageous
- 3 Years experience in a similar role / environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Basic knowledge of Pastel Evolution knowledge would be beneficial.
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills
- Work under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Problem solving skills
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A