This Jobsfunter Listing is about Sysco in Jacksonville, FL 2022
About the job
US0003 Sysco Jacksonville, Inc.
Minimum Level Of Education
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years Of Experience
The Finance Associate is responsible for general duties in support of the OpCo (operating company) operations and works in collaboration with SBS (Sysco Business Services) to assist in resolving exceptions and issues. Specific duties will including, handling of local payments, deposits, managing petty cash, will call transactions, scanning of supporting documentation, and local regulatory compliance. This Finance role is responsible for performing selected Finance and accounting duties that are transactional or administrative.
- Performing deposits of all cash/manual payments that come directly to the OpCo (operating company)
- Scanning of back up support for checks, remittances, and other customer documents.
- Responsible for managing petty cash fund and replenishments
- Responsible for scanning invoices and receiving packets at the OpCo.
- Responsible for reporting issues within quality control and providing documentation to the SBS processing teams.
- Work closely with the quality control teams to ensure claims are submitted to obtain supplier credits
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting regulatory compliance (i.e. USDA, food safety documentation, etc.).
- Responsible for handling will call transactions involving payments from customers and employees. Includes processing of employee purchases.
- High School diploma required
- 2+ years of finance and/or administration experience focused on document flow and handling transactional processing with deposit processing experience preferred
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of an organization.
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two-way communication.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excel proficient.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
For information on Sysco’s Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Affirmative Action Statement
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL
Application Deadline: N/A