The Operations Duty Manager leads and protects the integrity of the planned schedule to deliver excellent customer service through management of aircraft, customer support, and crew resources to achieve a safe, efficient , reliable, and compliant operation. During times of disruption this role ensures the return to the predefined operating plan as soon as practical. This position reports directly to the Leader, OCC.
- Liaise with Maintenance Line Planning and/or the Manager of Fleet Planning as required to ensure scheduled maintenance requirements are aligned with planned aircraft routings
- Support the Emergency Response Process and begin response actions until relieved.
- Prepare , manage , and deliver reports and operational status updates via document creation and daily operation al calls.
- Drive customer service through optimization of operational performance .
- Responsible for identifying, assessing , preparation, and implementation of solutions to operational issues on a tactical and strategic basis . Elevate issues as required.
- On-the-day direct responsibility for the leadership and decisions making oversight of the functional operational teams
- Route and maintain planned aircraft routings for a TBD operational window
- Willing to undergo continuous career development training programs and cross departmental training.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations using diplomacy
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision making, organization and communications skills required
- Ability to proactively identify problems, issues, opportunities and solution
- Able to work under minimal supervision
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years flight operations experience in a complex and dynamic airline environment required
- High degree of motivation and commitment to work in a fast paced, dynamic, changing environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Sabre software applications
- Previous leadership experience with strong facilitation and mentoring skills is required
- Operational experience within an Operations Control environment or related training from an accredited institution is an asset
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Surrey, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org