Dispatch Agents manage the entire arrival and departure process overseeing all activities to ensure a safe working environment and achieve an on time departure. Dispatchers will deal with a variety of airline systems and represent Swissport through effective communication with flight and cabin crew at the aircraft side. The Dispatch Agent will ensure that the aircraft departs with all passengers, baggage and cargo are accounted for.
- Operate air bridges and stand guidance systems
- Drive vehicles airside including cars, vans and mini-buses to provide crew transport to and from the aircraft
- Operate a variety of airline and Swissport computer systems and handheld devices
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure the aircraft is loaded as intended.
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Prepare flight paperwork for crew including printing of flight plans, weather reports, passenger lists and airline documentation.
- Prioritize tasks and manage the turnaround of an aircraft from arrival to departure
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all time
- Responsible for auditing fuel ticket information for accuracy.
- Communicate aircraft fuel and load data between flight crew and load control departments.
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Deal with aircraft weight and balance calculations as required
- Excellent communication skills and awareness of customer service
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- A full driving license
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to speak additional languages is desired
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, GB
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org