Website Swift Transportation
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Swift Transportation in Greer, SC 2022
About the job
Position at Swift Transportation
Accelerate your Career!
At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
Be a part of something bigger. Be a part of the #1 full truckload carrier in the nation. Be a part of Swift Transportation.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
Create and submit replenishment parts orders for all assigned locations. Ensure orders are placed accurately and on schedule to provide best in class purchasing and inventory control solutions for the shop parts departments.
- Create and review part replenishment orders for assigned locations and submit parts orders using the suppliers online ordering website or other approved order method.
- Verify the correct supplier part numbers are used for each supplier.
- Monitor back orders and supercessions and report to leadership as required.
- Adhere to daily ordering schedule and confirm all orders for assigned locations have been placed for that day.
- Assist leadership with the monitoring of Purchase Order (PO) receiving, part returns, transfers, core processing and adjustments for assigned locations as required.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, presentations, memos, letters, and other documents as required.
- Collaborate with department team members in developing Best In Class programs and processes for shop purchasing.
- Assist leadership team with Less than Truckload (LTL) freight shipments as needed.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which faciliatates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by leadership.
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=3187
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- Two (2) years experience working in a parts department, shop administration or purchasing department.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Good organizational and communication skills; computer keyboarding and 10 key skills; office record keeping skills; detail oriented. Cetaris Maintenance System experience preferred. Microsoft Excel experience preferred.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Debt Free Colleges or Tuition Assistance Programs
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Company: Swift Transportation
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Greer, SC
Application Deadline: N/A