Website State of Missouri
This Jobsfunter Listing is about State of Missouri in Jefferson City, MO 2022
About the job
The financial services specialist performs routine entry-level financial accounting, reporting, and support services activities. Responsibilities are performed under moderate supervision.
This opening is for one of our CAREER-LADDER positions which offers the opportunity for career advancement without having to participate in the competitive selection interview process. Based on your work experience, skills, and education, you will be hired at either the entry, intermediate, or senior level of this job title. As you continue to learn, acquire new skills, and gain experience, you can be promoted to a higher-level position.
A Day In The Life
- Performs various accounting functions, including processing invoices and initiating vendor payments; reviewing payment transactions for accurate coding and documentation; reconciliations.
- Reviews documents, forms, and reports to determine if payroll coding, transactions, and adjustments are correct; verifies accuracy of timesheet coding; makes payroll corrections; prepares reimbursements; may process forms necessary to enroll, maintain and update employee benefits.
- Utilizes SAMII, Cognos, Time Reporting System (TRS) and MOBIUS.
- Compiles information for various financial reports.
- Assists with research and report preparation for special requests of financial and statistical information.
What You’ll Need For Success
- Bachelor’s Degree: Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
Special Working Conditions And Job Characteristics
- Job requires occasional, statewide, overnight travel.
- Remote work location from any MoDOT facility or hybrid telework option may be considered. Full time telework is not available.
Why You’ll Love MoDOT
- You’ll play a key role in maintaining the seventh largest highway system in the United States.
- You’ll receive training opportunities and a chance to further your career.
- You’ll be able to take advantage of many benefits for you and your family while providing service to others in a culturally diverse workplace. Visit our CAREERS page to explore all we have to offer.
At MoDOT, we value team players who are open-minded and work well with others to accomplish goals and fulfill our mission of safety, service, and stability. We see the growth of our team members as an investment, both in MoDOT’s future and yours. If you’re looking for diverse opportunities, challenging work, and a family-friendly environment, we want to talk to you about joining our winning team.
Are you interested?
MoDOT operates on shared values and your success in our organization depends upon modeling these values. CLICK HERE to view our mission, values, and tangible results. If you embrace these values, we welcome your application.
For questions about this position, or to check the status of your application, please e-mail: [email protected] .
Your application and ALL requested documents must be received by the closing date on this job posting.
The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Company: State of Missouri
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Jefferson City, MO
Application Deadline: N/A