Website Starkey HearCare
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Starkey HearCare in Louisiana, United States 2022
About the job
Approach and Deployment (What to Do & How to Do It)
- Ensure positive Patient Journey experience is top priority for this position.
- Obtain and handle patient insurance information in accordance with HIPPA guidelines.
- Complete all patient paperwork such as purchase agreement, superbill, delivery confirmation, etc.
- Work with vendor to correct problems for denied claims.
- Ensure claims are paid accurately.
- Address patient questions or concerns.
- Ensure process excellence and expertise in billing and document coordination
- Apply expertise in insurance billing to plans for specific region.
- Ensure all documents are loaded.
- Coordinate with vendor to bill claims using appropriate codes and modifiers.
- Track to ensure all claims are billed.
- Track aging for all sales: Private pay, insurance, and third parties.
- Coordinate with vendor on verification of benefits.
- Interpret verification of benefits using criteria such as: Is office/provider contracted and credentialed? What aids can office fit? What are the upgrade opportunities?
- Receive sales information from offices to enter into the system.
- Communicate with clinics about hearing aid insurance coverage and upgrade options.
- Send completed paperwork to office for patient signature at fitting.
Results – Performance Measures (How to Measure Success)
- Positive feedback from field offices
- Overall decrease in billing errors
- Overall decrease in accounts receivable (AR)
Other Duties (Non-Measurable)
- Ensure compliance with contracts.
- Check and verify quality of work.
- React to change productively and handle other essential duties as assigned.
[Knowledge, skills and abilities for performance of essential duties]
Minimum education, certification and experience requirements:
High school degree or equivalent work history.
Nice to have: Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Health Care Administration.
Experience in office administration; hearing aid office experience preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines including HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid, and other payer requirements and systems.
- Familiarity with CPT and ICD-10 Coding preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of medical terminology likely to be encountered in medical claims.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality as per the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- At least 3 years of experience with billing/medical insurance processes.
- Preferred: Knowledge of hearing aid insurance billing processes.
Skills & Abilities
- Competent use of computer systems and software.
- Effective communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve issues.
- Customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments, including communicating with patients and family members of diverse ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to work well in a team environment. Being able to triage priorities, delegate tasks if needed, and handle conflict in a reasonable fashion.
- Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections.
- A calm manner and patience working with either patients or insurers during this process.
Company: Starkey HearCare
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Louisiana, United States
Application Deadline: N/A