Website St John Ambulance
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under St John Ambulance in NewcastleuponTyne,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
Do you want to make a difference and be part of a vibrant and inclusive organisation that has been helping save lives for more than a century? As one of the country’s best-loved charities, St John Ambulance played a pivotal role in responding to the pandemic as well as ‘everyday’ health emergencies, training, supporting communities, and improving young people’s lives.
As an industry leader in event medical care St John Ambulance provide staff at thousands of events across the UK each year – you will find us at all types of events from major sporting fixtures to county fairs. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Events Team as an Event Coordinator with responsibility for the planning and delivery of first aid and medical provision. This is a busy and varied position where will contribute to the development of event plans, assist with resourcing and deployment and support with event logistics. Due to the nature of this role there will be a requirement to work unsociable hours including weekends and travel across your region.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work, providing a supportive culture with opportunities to grow and develop your career, achieve a healthy work life balance and to be recognised for the great work you do. The role benefits from a competitive salary, generous pension, hybrid, flexible working, 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) – increasing to 38 days over 5 years, options to buy and sell holiday, free first/mental aid first aider courses, Blue Light and NHS online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme, life assurance, flu jab, eye care, mental health and wellbeing tools and volunteering days.
Please see the job description for more detail (this can be viewed on our website or once you click apply)
- Proven experience in operations planning and delivery
- Experience of using a computerized planning system as well as data input and applications
- Experience of developing and managing relationships with external stakeholders such as Safety Advisory Groups
- Ability to work on your own initiative and take responsibility for end-to-end event delivery
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with internal and external stakeholders
About The Role
- Develop and manage detailed plans identifying levels of resources required and producing risk assessments
- Own and lead on the planning of assigned events with a geographical area ensuring any issues identified are escalated appropriately
- Ensure the high-quality delivery of effective and safe patient care at all times
- Represent St John at external multiagency meetings and safety advisory groups to support the delivery of mass participation events
- Build and manage effective relationships with customers/event organisers and volunteers to ensure a consistently high level of service
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of over 1,700 employees and over 30,000 volunteers, united by our goal of saving lives through essential first aid services, training and campaigning. As a charity with rich heritage and a long history of serving humanity, we are proud of our past and excited about creating a healthier, safer, more resilient future.
St John Ambulance works at the heart of communities, supporting and enabling them to access and receive physical and mental health first aid. We do this through developing and providing effective community response and outreach services (e.g. Ambulance response, Falls response, Night Time Economy and Homelessness outreach) and using our longstanding expertise to empower people with vital clinical skills and the confidence to use them (e.g. our Volunteers and Community Advocates, NHS Cadets and Young Responders programmes).
Find out more about us, including our new Ask Me campaign, at www.sja.org.uk
If you are a current St John Ambulance employee, please apply here: Click here
For all other candidates, or St John Ambulance volunteers wishing to apply: please apply below
St John Ambulance are committed to increasing the diversity of our team and making sure we best reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. At St John, everyone is valued and supported to thrive, we have several networks including Multi Culture, Disability and Accessibility, Pride, Family and Carers and Women’s groups. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination and engender a sense of belonging for all, by creating an environment of mutual respect, where we value unique differences and demonstrate authentic allyship. We believe passionately in equality, diversity and inclusion.
Please note: St John does not accept speculative CVs and will only review CVs sent in application for an advertised vacancy.
Recruitment Agencies: We are not utilising the services of recruitment agencies for this vacancy and will accept direct applications only.
Company: St John Ambulance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: NewcastleuponTyne,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A