Website SSA Group
This Jobsfunter Listing is about SSA Group in Columbia, SC 2022
About the job
SSA Group at Riverbanks Zoo is looking for two talented Food Service Operations Managers to join our team!
SSA: Built by family for families, SSA activates the moments between the experiences.
Food Service Operations Manager
Are YOU the perfect addition to our team? We are looking for the following traits:
- Goal-oriented and flexible to meet the needs of the operation.
- Demonstrates desire to help the team succeed.
- Driven by cultural attractions and the environment they support.
- Experience managing in a high-volume, quick-service, or full-service restaurant.
- Basic culinary experience preferred (but training offered); with ability to navigate multiple menu items and support food quality, presentation, and service to the standard of service per location.
- Leads team through active coaching and upholding the standard of service as necessary to the success of the operation.
- Comfortable with managing an employee life-cycle, from hire to retire.
- Operational oversight of full Food Service program on location – inclusive of quick-service restaurants, carts, kiosks, & food truck (where applicable) locations.
- Works directly with Executive Chef and/or General Manager onsite in mapping out Food Service programs.
- Knowledge of food safety standards, quality, and presentation.
- ServSafe or Food Handling Certification a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to articulate to our client, General Manager, and HQ personnel.
- Proven leadership skills with an understanding of the importance of team building/development, while fostering partnerships.
- Demonstrates financial management, merchandising, analytical, planning, and leadership skills.
- Computer knowledge and skill level for basic office functions.
- Exceptional problem solving/decision making skills combined with the ability to be organized.
- Individual who brings excitement and opportunity to engage with the team and guests.
- Responsibly geared towards presenting a clean and welcome experience for guests through upholding sanitation requirements.
Limited positions available, PPE (face mask, gloves, apron) will be required for all shifts, Job duties will require individual to lift up to 15-35lbs and be on feet for long periods of time, please discuss with interviewing manager if accommodation is needed
Please inquire for full job description
How to Apply:
Complete online application with information requested directly through this link; Resume is required, Cover Letter not required but encouraged; should you wish to submit your application directly through email, you may reach out to [email protected] with the subject line: Application for Position.
SSA Group, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity through our commitment to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Who are we? SSA is built by family, for families.
Much has changed since Kevin McNicholas founded this company in 1971, but even as our business grew, evolved and shifted into new markets, who we are has always stayed the same: We are a family business built on personal relationships, always taking the long view in our approach to business. Because we’re a family business, we think generationally in how we operate, always considering the long-term legacy and mission of our partners. In fact, facing behemoth, impersonal competitors on all fronts, SSA is uniquely positioned as a large company with a small company feel that can offer more of a personal relationship. Built by family, for families, we still are 100% independent. Our clients love that they have a direct line to Sean or Eric or Shannon, and that relationships still mean something to us. This personal feeling of family permeates our entire team and can even be felt on the front line, where our SSA team actually becomes a part of the institution’s family, too. From one generation to the next, SSA will always be there for our partners and our people.
SSA operates with Five Pillars in mind: People, Culture, Growth, Operational Excellence, and Social Responsibility.
This job opportunity is classified as a medium exposure risk job: include those that require frequent and/or close contact with (i.e., within 6 feet of) people who may be infected with SARS-CoV-2, but who are not known or suspected COVID-19 patients. In areas without ongoing community transmission, workers in this risk group may have frequent contact with travelers who may return from international locations with widespread COVID-19 transmission. In areas where there is ongoing community transmission, workers in this category may have contact with the general public (e.g., schools, high-population-density work environments, some high-volume retail settings).Workers must comply with location specific vaccination and testing requirements.
All California Residents: By clicking the “APPLY NOW” button and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the SSA Group California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Candidate and Employee Privacy Notice (“Notice”). The English Notice is linked here, and the Spanish Notice is linked here.
San Francisco Residents: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Please see the “Fair Chance Ordinance – Know Your Rights” document linked here for more information. By clicking the “APPLY NOW” button and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the “Fair Chance Ordinance – Know Your Rights” document.
Company: SSA Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Application Deadline: N/A