This Jobsfunter Listing is about Spotify in New York, NY 2022
About the job
Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We want to connect millions of people with their favorite songs and create a service that people love to use. We believe music should be easily accessible and that listening to music will make people live richer lives. We want to improve the connection between people who love listening to music and people who love creating music.
We are looking for a Business development associate to join our Global Consumer Business Development team. This role will support the team’s work across strategic platform partnerships. The right candidate will help identify, optimize, and advocate for business opportunities and partnerships that drive long-term value for Spotify. Above all, you will impact the way the world experiences audio.
What You’ll Do
- Support the entire lifecycle of a partnership, in support of partner leads, from initial opportunity vetting to signing the deal to leading the health of the partnership throughout
- Ensure that Spotify’s commitments in a partner relationship are delivered (e.g., marketing, data reporting, etc.) as well as follow-up on the partner’s commitments
- Establish relationships inside partner organizations across all functions
- Be the ‘go-to ‘person for the partner’s needs, assisting partner leads in defining the long-term partner strategy
- Coordinate with other relevant departments across the wider business, specifically Legal, Licensing, Product, Technology, Marketing, Content and Revenue teams
- Support distribution strategies/activities together with the partner
- Identify new opportunities to grow partnerships and unlock additional value for both Spotify and our partners
- Be an expert on partner business and the overall technology industry
- Be the voice of the partner within Spotify
Who You Are
- You have 1 – 3 years of working experience in strategic partnerships, business development or consulting capacity
- You have experience working with external partners and complicated organizations
- You are organized with foundational project management skills
- You have strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. You can create and present material for an executive audience
- You have a growth mindset, you won’t be afraid to step in when needed and you act on a proactive basis
- You understand that cooperation and team play is key to success
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
Where You’ll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: N/A