Systems Engineer II Job in Spectrum Greenwood Village, CO
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Spectrum in Greenwood Village, CO 2022
About the job
Position Type: Full Time Location: Greenwood Village, Colorado, Denver, Colorado Date Posted: Date posted 04/21/2022 Areas of interest: Information Technology, Systems Engineering Requisition Number: 300550BR Business unit: Network Operations ISY340-VIDEO JOB SCOPE
The Systems Engineer II participates and supports in planning, design, development, implementation, and execution of innovative application and platform solutions designed to support new or existing Video Operations ecosystems. Projects are usually complex and require a strong knowledge of development tools. General understanding of Video technologies and problem statements. Works in most phases of a project and reviews the work of peers. Performs maintenance and provides technical assistance and advice on existing software solutions.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing, testing, and debugging new software and / or make enhancements to existing software.
- Develop and perform unit, integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements.
- Participates in code review sessions to validate adherence with development standards
- Develops and maintains technical documentation
- Collaborates with customers, internal and cross-departmental technical teams to identify software problems and communicate remediation plans
- Maximizes the efficiency of the various software systems by implementing, monitoring, testing and auditing new software programs
- Participates in continuous performance improvement sessions to discuss opportunities to improve processes or standards
- Follows established configuration/change control processes
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in software development and design methodologies or DevOps.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with Linux, Unix, or MAC operating systems or environments and configurations.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in design/ optimization and troubleshooting of SQL, NoSQL
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working in an agile environment.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of virtualization and containerization tools such as Docker / Kubernetees or VirtualBox / VMware
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols, concepts and Services (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, OSI network layers, DNS, DHCP)
- Basic Knowledge of video delivery technologies, ecosystems and support functions
- Basic understanding of software design patterns and principles
- Basic knowledge of monitoring tools such as Splunk or the Elasticsearch (ELK) stack.
- Ability to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team as well as manage individual tasks
- Good technical knowledge of the Information Technology field and computer systems
- Demonstrated communication skills (written, interpersonal, presentation), with the ability to easily and effectively interact and negotiate with business stakeholders
- Creative and abstract thinking skills to envision and design innovative solutions to business opportunities and challenges
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Ability to listen and evaluate all opinions without bias, and contribute to a common culture of excellence
- Awareness of developing solutions that assist in automating video devices (Encoders, Packagers, IP Devices, STBs) in the video space
- Special consideration if experience is within the video delivery ecosystem (i.e. encoding, encryption, transport, packaging, VOD, SDV, OSS, etc.)
- Technical/basic understanding of linear and IP video delivery systems
- Knowledge / experience performing requirements gathering, analysis, and documentation
- Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Good design, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
Here, employees don’t just have jobs, they build careers. That’s why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a minimum of $73,100.00. The actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Internet®, TV, Mobile and Voice, Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you’re joining a strong community of more than 93,000 individuals working together to serve more than 32 million customers in 41 states and keep them connected to what matters most. Watch this video to learn more.
Who You Are Matters Here We’re committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. Learn about our inclusive culture.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Application Deadline: N/A