This Jobsfunter Listing is about Spectrum in Charlotte, NC 2022
About the job
At a glance:
- Are you a client-centric network engineer talented in establishing resource requirements for enterprise clients?
- Can you commit to a technical position providing expertise to support basic to moderately complex implementations?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America’s largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise’s industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
You focus on ensuring client satisfaction and a successful commercial sales cycle through detailed network planning. As a Network Engineer, you combine your technical expertise and your knowledge of client business needs to identify, forecast and implement resource requirements for basic to moderately complex network systems. You drive the implementation process for all client network architecture and designs. You accelerate the sales cycle by serving as a subject matter expert (SME) relaying information on network systems and implementation to the account manager and clients.
You excel at monitoring protocols and compatibility standards to ensure continuous operations for your clients. You propel business through the development and implementation of network enhancements and improvement recommendations. You enhance efficiency by partnering with design teams, Implementation, Hosted Voice, Managed Services and field technicians. You thrive in an office and network lab environment traveling as needed to support sales network operations. Depending on the business unit, you may be part of a 24/7 on-call environment. You report to the Manager of Network Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional 3%.
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Drive network engineering projects by participating in planning the architecture design and engineering.
- Complete network configuration projects by integrating communication architecture, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links.
- Enhance the product base through in-depth product evaluations and performing network issue resolution.
- Maintain product and service quality by assisting in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Improve the network by monitoring protocol compatibility standards, developing and implementing network enhancements, using approved methods or procedures and making recommendations.
- Optimize existing networks through the planning and completion of medium- to high-complexity projects, systems and issues.
- Boost efficiency by providing tier support across organizations.
- Mitigate risks by complying with all industry-specific local, state, and federal regulations for every project.
- Perform additional duties related to the position as assigned.
Required keys for success:
- Experience working with a data network.
- Intermediate data networking knowledge of transmission control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP), open systems interconnection (OSI) model, and optical networking.
- Familiar with related industry specifications and standards for Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), fiber, multi-mode, single-mode, unshielded twisted pair (UTP), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols.
- Knowledge of network design, devices, network appliances, network architecture, protocols and network topology.
- Confident and clear communication with peers, clients and suppliers.
- Ability to use internal and vendor ticketing and software tools.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- History of using network designing software, such as Visio.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Knowledge of our company products and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required).
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) (preferred).
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training, such as Cisco, Juniper or Alcatel-Lucent (preferred).
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you’re joining a strong community of more than 95,000 individuals working together to serve more than 31 million customers in 41 states. Watch this video to learn more.
Who You Are Matters Here We’re committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. Learn about our inclusive culture.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
Application Deadline: N/A