This Jobsfunter Listing is about SpartanNash in Petoskey, MI 2022
About the job
At SpartanNash, we deliver “what our guests want, when they want it – fast and friendly.” We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. That’s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
1163 U.S. 31 North – Petoskey, Michigan 49770
This role is responsible to maintain stocking, rotation, and appearance of merchandise in the department in an efficient manner within company policy to ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interest of the store. Complete all other duties as assigned in a timely manner.
Here’s What You’ll Do
- Assist in receiving, unloading, and stacking merchandise in the back room.
- Properly fill, rotate and merchandise shelves, cases and displays on the sales floor.
- Notify the manager if products and supplies need to be ordered.
- Have familiarity with all products carried in the departments and know the product locations in the store.
- Handle spoiled/damaged products per established guidelines.
- Maintain clean, attractive and well-stocked departments.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- High school graduate (preferred)
- One year of retail or related experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and interpret documents
- Basic mathematical skills
- Suggestive Selling/Knowledge of Products
- Detail Oriented
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is required to stand and walk for extended periods of time and may bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment (varied temperatures) and is exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Travel requirements vary by assignment.
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. Learn more here.
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer who celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Petoskey, MI
Application Deadline: N/A