SpaceX is looking for a principal software engineer to build software used to design, develop, launch, and operate a low latency, high capacity satellite broadband network. You will engage with other SpaceX engineers to discover the needs of the mission and write highly reliable software which turns the mission into reality. You will be responsible for the complete lifecycle of the software you create, including development, testing, and support.
- Develop prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints.
- Design and implement highly available, fault-tolerant network that operates for long periods of time with minimal maintenance at scale.
- Develop highly reliable and available software systems for our low latency, high capacity, satellite-based global software defined network.
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews.
- Write high quality Linux and microcontroller based software for common processors (ARM, x86, etc.)
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, and unit testing.
- Creative approach to problem solving, exceptional analytical skills and engineering fundamentals.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Solid fundamental knowledge of networks, electronics, math, and physics.
- Developed, debugged and deployed software that has been used in real world applications/projects.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with networking protocols (UDP, TCP, etc.)
- Experience with security issues associated with distributed systems and internet services.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline and 8+ years of experience in software development or 10+ years of professional experience in software development.
- 6+ years development experience in C or C++.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org