As a member of our team, you will serve as a core point of contact for customers from early capabilities studies through successful project activation. Mission Managers serve as the mission specialists, performing all activities from pre-launch analysis to operations on-orbit. Members of the team excel across a breadth of functions including systems engineering, requirements verification, project management, proposal development, and mission management. Our ideal candidate has a passion for finding solutions, is a highly detail-oriented self-starter, and is hungry to do work that matters.
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory coordination is kept on schedule and facilitate generation of materials as required (such as FAA launch license applications, FCC special temporary authorizations, DOT transport licenses, etc.).
- Develop and present technical content on complex designs, trade studies, risks, and issues.
- Collaborate with engineering and production groups to understand vehicle readiness and how changes impact requirements, vehicle risk, and launch dates.
- Collaborate with other subsystem representatives across team boundaries to consider all necessary trades and ensure end-to-end mission success.
- Coordinate and chair customer reviews and ensure that contract deliverables are delivered on time and per the customer’s expectation, including taking responsibility for payment milestones.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop and certify missions.
- Work with the SpaceX mission operations team and customers to develop integration and operations plans.
- Manage execution of sub-contracts, collaboration activities, and task agreements between customers.
- Serve as the Mission Manager for major flight tests and/or milestone, including carrying end-to-end responsibility for mission success.
- Lead new technical projects from proposal through completion.
- Influence and steer programmatic and technical development to meet the end objectives of current and future customer contracts and missions.
- Highly detail oriented, diligent, hard working with excellent customer interface skills.
- Excellent negotiation, conflict resolution, and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with direct experience negotiating technical deliverables or scope.
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working with cross-functional team and external customers.
- Master’s degree in an engineering field.
- Professional experience working with launch vehicles or spacecraft.
- 5+ years of experience working with government, NASA, or commercial launch contract.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with 5+ years of industry experience.
- 4+ years of experience working hands-on with hardware or software technical projects.
- 5+ years of technical project management experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: McAllen, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org