Website Southampton Airport
To provide a safe and hazard-free working environment for aircraft, passengers and airside personnel. The job holder is responsible for all aspects of airside safety, including surface and lighting inspections, aircraft marshalling, stand planning, monitoring of aircraft turnaround process and third party activities. They are also responsible for providing elements of access control and CCTV in line with the airport security programme.
- Carry out airfield and runway inspections in accordance with EASA requirements, to ensure a safe and hazard free environment is provided and maintained for all airfield operations.
- Carry out airside checks and audits on all airside operators including vehicles, drivers and works permits to ensure they comply with airport and statutory regulations.
- Control and monitor all aircraft engine runs as per local instructions.
- Investigate and compile reports on all accidents/incidents airside that involve people, vehicles, aircraft and equipment.
- Implement low visibility Safeguarding/Procedures.
- Committed to promoting a security culture of vigilance and security awareness through adhering to the security policy, Managing Responsibly System (MRS) and Security Management System (SeMS).
- Monitor and implement the night noise restrictions, to ensure the airport complies with statutory regulations and implement procedures as detailed in the emergency orders.
- Carry out leader/escort duties, marshalling, friction monitoring and operation of all snow clearing equipment.
- Control and monitor temporary local obstacles ensuring no degradation in safety standards(aerodrome safeguarding).
- All staff will need to develop and demonstrate a working knowledge of the airside operations and must be able to maintain high levels of concentration and remain focused during periods of high activity.
- Ability to communication with a wide range of customers is essential.
- Ability to hold CTC clearance.
- Basic IT skills are essential and knowledge of Southampton Airport operating systems is desirable.
Qualification & Experience:
- Applicants must have a current full UK EC/EEA or foreign equivalent driving license which permits the holder to drive a motor vehicle on public roads in the UK.
Company: Southampton Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portsmouth, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com