Website Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Affiliates
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Skadden Arps Slate Meagher Flom LLP and Affiliates in New York, United States 2022
About the job
Skadden is looking for a Legal Assistant Specialist – HSR to join our Legal Assistant Services team in the New York office. Please submit a cover letter and resume when applying to this position.
The Legal Assistant Specialist – HSR manages and assists with basic and advanced specialized tasks and projects through to completion, regarding the antitrust premerger notification and reporting requirements of the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act (“HSR”). This position serves as a HSR-specific resource to attorneys, members of the Department and other professional staff, as needed. This position also:
- Assists with the preparation of HSR forms, memoranda, and overviews relating to HSR submissions using transaction documents, prior HSR filings, SEC filings, publicly available information, and data received from clients.
- Assists with document and exhibit preparation for HSR filings to the FTC and DOJ.
- Assists attorneys throughout document and privilege reviews regarding HSR filings.
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency, and excels, in handling HSR-related tasks or projects.
- Serves as a HSR resource for attorneys, colleagues and other support staff.
- Conducts research and offers guidance to attorneys and members of the Department.
- Ensures that all files are maintained within Department-approved protocols and case management systems and seeks to improve workflow regarding storage and recall of materials.
- Maintains the integrity of client files.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- In-depth understanding of HSR-specific concepts and procedures
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to navigate various electronic databases and document repositories
- Strong research skills and proficiency in using various research tools
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Ability to work well independently, as well as effectively, within a team
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Flexibility to travel, as required
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of three years of experience in a legal assistant position or a position requiring similar skillset, expertise and experience
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Disability/Vet/other protected categories). For more information, please visit Skadden.com/careers.
Company: Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Affiliates
Vacancy Type: $0/yr · Full-time
Job Location: New York, United States
Application Deadline: N/A