Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Signify in Alejandro Korn, Provincia de Buenos Aires, Argentina 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
- We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting.
We’re leading the ongoing development of connected lighting systems and services. By leveraging the Internet of Things, we’re transforming buildings, urban places, and homes. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
At Signify, we value the new ideas and opinions that you bring to our organization. In turn, you get to work with the best people in our industry. We are looking for energetic and bold people to help us achieve our goals. At Signify, you deepen your knowledge and deliver meaningful results.
As our Financial Controller you will….
- Accountable for the integrity, consistency and completeness of the P&L and Balance sheet of the allocated ORUs at Signify and at Management Reporting Unit level.
- Accountable for the IFRS, statutory Financial Statements and responsible for the direct tax compliance of their designated ORUs at Signify (group) and at legal entity level. (Signs-off the Statutory and IFRS Financial Statement and Financial Internal Controls)
- Supports the Records to Report (RTR) team lead and the RTR specialists on the performance of the RTR processes for their ORUs and escalates properly.
- Guides and aligns the priorities of Accounting Specialists in the RTR organization in conjunction with the RTR team lead in the Finance Service Center(FSC).
- Provides accounting judgment for complex and judgmental accounting issues and knows how to leverage the accounting network within Accounting Operations(AccOps) and ARIC to determine the correct accounting.
- Management of Financial Audit relationship and Issue Resolution and contact point for outsource provider statutory and direct tax compliance
- Develop, deploy and safeguard compliance to accounting policies & directives and ensure subsequent internal controls are set up at development of the policies and directives.
- Drives and oversees improvement projects related to accounting processes and Internal Controls together with other parties within Accounting Operations (AccOps) and ARIC (Accounting, Reporting and Internal Control)
You work intensively with a broad set of colleagues from different levels, expertise and geographic location. You clearly focus on both the content and the processes. You understand the figures and the flows driving the information and you are able to collaborate, find solutions and improve processes if and where needed.
You will be part of the accounting organization in AMERICAS. This role will report to the Head of Record to Report & Financial Controller for AMERICAS and have a direct relationship with the Finance Business Partners and other stakeholders, requiring collaboration, negotiation and communication skills. You will be in alignment with the RTR Team Lead in the region to set the priorities for Accounting Specialists and third party supplier accountants.
We are looking for
- Accounting Degree required. Formal education superior level degree preferred (CA, CPA, or MBA)
- IFRS knowledge required
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience of accounting areas.
- Spanish and fluent English required.
- Strong Excel skills and SAP knowledge preferred.
- Having audit or consulting experience from “Big 4” firms, would be a plus.
- People management experience
- High integrity
- Collaboration, negotiation and communication skills.
- High energy, strong sense of urgency, self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Drive operational excellence and work in teams and partnerships
- Proven track record of process improvement
- Ability to work under pressure and manage priorities
- Strong influencing skills
- Position will be based in Panama City (Relocation if needed)
We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, and we light up the world! Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We’re committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Alejandro Korn, Provincia de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Application Deadline: N/A