The Communications Manager develops, coordinates and directs public relations strategies to enhance the Busch Gardens and Adventure Island brands. This role is responsible for supporting all communications initiatives, including developing and executing strategic earned media plans; support and execute internal communications initiatives for employee ambassadors; issues response and crisis communications; media inquiries and developing media relations. This Manager engages with the media and leadership team daily to provide accurate and timely information and protect Busch Gardens reputation in the media and also serving as a Busch Gardens Tampa Bay spokesperson when needed. In this position, you will respond to journalists inquiring about a list of topics, write press releases and advisories for the Tampa Parks’ branded or co-branded events and will provide support during all potential emergencies, aiding with crisis communications. This manager will also collaborate with the Social Content Manager on social media influencer initiatives.
- Research and respond to inbound media inquiries
- Develop and execute communications strategic plan
- Measure and report on recent media coverage and a broad range of media monitoring metrics
- Identify new opportunities and venues to gain positive media exposure
- Provide media interviews to gain exposure for new initiatives, market launches
- Support media relations and influencer engagement efforts for Busch Gardens and Adventure Island, including escorting media in-park, writing copy, coverage reports, media list maintenance and arranging media visits and giveaways
- Write press releases, media alerts and other Marketing copyrighting needs
- Identify opportunities for executive thought leadership. Research, design and craft content and support for these opportunities; Prepare leadership and other staff for media interviews and other audiences
- Lead public relations strategies to gain exposure for new attraction and product launches
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience writing in AP style, editing press releases and other communications materials.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Microsoft Office 365.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic environment and be able to proactively respond to issues in a professional manner, especially under pressure.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent in English required, Spanish fluency a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal and dynamic public speaking skills
- Local, regional, and national media contacts preferred.
Qualification & Experience:
- Crisis communication experience.
- Experience working with executives and members of the media.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Communications, with 2+ years of leadership experience. Theme Park or entertainment experience preferred, experience working with zoos or aquariums a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or a related field.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com