The primary purpose of this position is to oversee the daily operations of the costume shop. Overseeing the research & development of new show product, patterning & construction, staff development & recruitment, inventory control, building and monitoring annual budgets for the costume shop and all show venues. This position interfaces with Costume Designers to ensure delivery of creative intent, on time and within budget.
- Work closely with outside vendors in the production of show costuming.
- Oversees the operation of the Costume Shop ,production of new costumes & daily budget monitoring.
- Oversees the training and supervision of the Costume Shop; working with the Assistant Area Supervisor.
- Develops and manages budgets for new productions and on-going operations of the department.
- Consistently demonstrates courteous and professional behavior in all work aspects with all ambassadors and guests.
- Works as part of a team to increase productivity and while providing excellent guest service.
- Management of all costume equipment and hardware including S.O.P.s, maintenance, safety and compliance; maintains general Costume Shop materials, supplies and equipment
- Oversees safety as it pertains to SEA Best Practices and all other relevant industry guidelines.
- Oversees the deployment, installation and supervision of costume plots for all Entertainment related events.
- Process of pricing materials and managing services of outside vendors.
- Consistently practices safe work habits including but not limited to use of personal protective equipment, lifting, driving, and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Ability to construct and make alterations as needed.
- Advanced knowledge of costume design, flat patterning, draping, cutting, construction, fashion trends, fabrics, accessories, hair/wig use, drafting, textiles and garment construction.
- Must be able to read and analyze a script, flesh out design concepts and work closely with the producer, director and designers while ensuring design concepts are achieved.
- Must be able to multitask while maintaining a positive attitude to ensure excellent guest service.
- Must have strong time management and supervisory skills
- Must be willing to comply with all grooming standards and SEA standards.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, weekdays, evening, and holidays.
- Must possess excellent research skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Four (4) years of professional experience as an Assistant Costume Designer or Assistant Costume Shop Supervisor or equivalent Supervisory experience required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com