The Client Relationship Manager “CRM” is a product generalist who posses a good understanding of financial products and services and focuses on the cross sell and retention of existing commercial customers. He/She is responsible for identifying prospects in target markets, developing proposed sales pipelines, conducting prospect sales calls and qualifying opportunities based on customer information and a high level of due diligence. He/She manages a customer portfolio of lower to moderate complexity, with business development activities that targets clients with credit authorizations up to $5MM and annual sales between $5MM to $15MM. The role is specific to the Growth segment of Commercial Banking Distribution.
- The environment is fast paced and demanding and will at times require priorities be re-adjusted to accommodate urgent requests.
- The CRM will also interact with external parties such as Solicitors, Accountants, Professional Service Providers and possibly External Bank Groups.
- The CRM continually works with clients providing service consistent with Scotia Service Standards, Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures. The CRM looks for opportunities to promote the sale of bank product and services.
- The CRM will interact primarily with various internal partners which include: Global Risk Management, the Business Service Center, Enhanced Due Diligence Unit CRA, Small Business, Retail, Wealth Management, Global Banking and Markets, Payments and Cash Management and could include other partners as well as the Commercial Banking Executive Office.
- The clients being serviced are in Canada and generally within the same region although they could have operations across the country as well as in international locations. These clients will be both borrowing (under $5MM) and non-borrowing. Borrowing Clients typically have lower to moderate complexity financial solutions.
- Strong organizational skills are necessary to manage significant data from multiple sources and balance various tasks from client service administration to borrower reporting processing to credit related support.
- Targeted revenue from the portfolio is $1.5MM/yr
- Undergraduate degree in business or economics or work equivalency.
- Thorough knowledge of relationship building and teamwork skills
- Ability to conduct due diligence on the strength of customer financials for deals of lower to moderate complexity
- Good PC skills are necessary, including a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus notes and other commercial systems and platforms.
- Strong sales/closing skills, networking ability, negotiation skills, relationship management skills
- A thorough knowledge of the commercial banking marketplace in Canada and a general knowledge of the assigned market area’s key industries and competitive positioning within the assigned market area. Understanding the Commercial Bank’s objectives, and has a thorough knowledge of segment, strategies and structure, as well as its lending and deposit products and services.
- Fluency in French and English is a requirement as you will be assisting clients in both languages
- Good knowledge of Onboarding, Know Your Customer, Anti Money Laundering processes
- Key Competencies include: Customer Focus, Communication, Results Focus, Building Strategic Relationships, Strategic Influencing and Self-Awareness & Personal Development
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential to this position.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com