This Jobsfunter Listing is about Salesforce in Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel 2022
About the job
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
About Futureforce University Recruiting
Our Futureforce University Recruiting program is dedicated to attracting, retaining and cultivating talent. Our interns and new graduates work on real projects that affect how our business runs, giving them the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the future of our company. With offices all over the world, our recruits have the chance to collaborate and connect with fellow employees on a global scale. We offer job shadowing, mentorship programs, talent development courses, and much more.
Job Title : Student Worker, 2022 – Slack for Digital Backend Engineering
Location : Tel Aviv, Israel
Start Date: 1st September 2022
Duration: 12 months
Days per week: 3-4
We are looking for an “all-around” backend engineer that will take a key role in building Slack-based products for Salesforce Marketing Cloud from scratch. We are on “day zero” – you will have the opportunity to design and develop a challenging large-scale system from scratch, as well as influence the culture and standards of a new engineering group. As a newcomer to the industry, you’ll get a chance to work with many technologies and receive mentorship from experienced engineers.
We’re a small, newly-formed group in Salesforce Israel tasked with building the foundation of “Slack for Digital”. Our vision is to connect the entire Marketing Cloud & Commerce Cloud portfolio of products via Slack, to boost productivity and create a cohesive yet holistic user experience. We will be building Slack apps/bots/integrations/what-have-you, but also solid infrastructure and developer tools that will allow other engineers in Salesforce to roll their own Slack integrations easily. Our team is comprised of people who’ve come into Salesforce through acquisitions (primarily Datorama), so startups and innovation are close to our hearts. We’re a motivated and fast-paced bunch, yet mellow and down-to-earth. We strive for clean code, clean architecture, and products that are built to last. Our team is a clear-cut “startup-within-a-corporate” and as such, we benefit from the best of both worlds.
You love the engineering discipline and enjoy programming. You are open to learning anything and to touch all parts of the stack, whether it’s backend, databases, devops, cloud, scripting etc. You’re a dedicated team member who can be counted on. You’ve got the hang of computer science in your university years so far, but also have a strong opinion about good vs. bad code. You like to tinker with code outside of your school homework tasks to broaden your knowledge.
- Learn and integrate with the APIs of Salesforce products in Marketing Cloud and Commerce Cloud.
- Build Java-based Slack apps that include server-to-server integration with Salesforce products, while leveraging the Slack API and Slack ecosystem.
- Build new micro-services that facilitate our distributed data pipeline, using queues, caching mechanisms, and AWS services. Evaluate technologies such SQS, RabbitMQ, Redis, Redshift and incorporate them in our solutions.
- Design, develop, test, and document the architecture and tools that you build, to support other business units that will consume them to build future Slack integrations.
- Build CI/CD pipelines for deploying your applications with Docker and Kubernetes over “Hyperforce”, Salesforce’s multi-substrate cloud deployment architecture.
- Integrate monitoring, alerting, and observability tools into our stack.
- Collaborate with remote teams in Salesforce on shared libraries and tools, mostly in the Java ecosystem.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field, graduating in 2023
- Basic experience in a server-side environment – Java or C# – Must.
- Strong grasp of object-oriented programming/design
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures, and how to efficiently implement them into a solution.
- Familiarity with git and Github
- Team player with a can-do approach. Sorry, only fun people allowed 🙂
- Versatile mindset – willing to get your hands dirty in all parts of the stack.
- Good written and oral communication skills (English – a must)
- Multithreaded / Parallel development knowledge and skills
- Relational or NoSQL database experience
- Knowledge / Familiarity with Cloud Computing (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Familiarity with dynamic languages (Node.js, Python, Ruby, Scala) – Advantage.
Please submit your CV in English.
We will commence CV & application screening in April 2022; should you pass this stage you will be invited to complete a HackerRank technical assessment.
The next step in the process is a Recruiter Phone Screen, during which we will assess your motivation for Salesforce and your interest in each of the roles/areas featured in the Program. We will also share guidance on what to expect next in the Interview / Assessment Process.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce welcomes all
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Vacancy Type: Part-time
Job Location: Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Application Deadline: N/A