Website SAGE Publishing
This Jobsfunter Listing is about SAGE Publishing in United States 2022
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
The Technical Operations Specialist (TOS) reports to the Associate Director for Implementation and Support. The TOS evaluates and builds programmatic solutions to help SAGE scale the delivery and support of SAGE courseware in the US college market.
This Technical Operations Specialist will serve a critical role in evaluating the way the implementation team currently works and will help determine how we refine systems and processes to enable SAGE to support the forecasted growth of our courseware solutions while keeping costs and headcount in line.
As SAGE courseware market-share grows, so does the volume of supporting reference materials, documentation, and video content created to help our end users. The TOS will evaluate what content we currently have, what we need to create, and will build a system in which we can curate content moving forward.
The TOS will also be an integral part of our work to establish new channels for delivering LMS integrated courseware. In partnership with SAGE developers, channel partner managers, and technical implementation specialists, the TOS will create comprehensive project plans that capture the end to end work needed to deliver SAGE courseware via channel partner LMS integrations with our partner colleges and universities.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Anticipates and tracks operational and tactical risks and provides strategic solutions.
- Oversees day to day implementation team work within various internal SAGE systems.
- Analyzes how the implementation team processes incoming closed business via our sales teams and works to reduce friction and effort required by the sales group.
- Develops data-based framework to monitor implementation team work and report on team efficiency over time.
- Assesses current set of technical documentation and content supporting SAGEcourseware. Continually evalutes gaps in need for content and curates materials to stay current as SAGE platforms evolve.
- Creates a framework for SAGE work with key channel partners in the delivery of LMS integrated courses through those partners. Builds effective communication plans and designs systems to track all courseware adoptions flowing through these channel partners.
- Administers SAGE response program to address university requirements around security and legal reviews when SAGE is setting up new LMS integrations at those schools.
- Produces bi-annual proactive outreach program in an attempt to establish LMS integrations prior to SAGE closing new business at those schools.
- Raises and tracks issues, remove barriers, resolve issues of medium complexity in partnership with product and marketing teams.
- Provides systems design and improvement analysis to cross-functional teams in the product, content, marketing, and sales departments. Evalutes how SAGE handles editorial content corrections, feature enhancement releases, customer outeach campaigns, and other strategic initiatives and serves to influence efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in system design and process improvement
- 5+ years work with digital products in the higher education marketplace
- 3+ Technical writing experience (process documentation and technical features)
- 2+ years work experience with one or more Learning Management Systems (LMS) — Blackboard, Moodle, D2L, Canvas.
- 2+ years experience developing and tracking KPI frameworks using measurable and important data points.
- Proven experience and comfort in dealing with large volumes of complex data to ensure details are handled and things do not get dropped.
- Microsoft Office Proficiency: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across departments to achieve goals and deadlines
- Ability to work effectively within deadlines, and to organize and direct milestone schedules
- Proficiency in Microsoft CRM, Jira, Confluence, and Freshdesk (or similar ticketing system)
- Experience in 2 or more Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
- Experience supporting end users in a customer-facing role
- Experience with adaptive learning and assessment platforms
- Proficiency in Captivate, Camtasia, and video editing tools
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate across multiple departments
- Obsessed with improving processes. LEAN mindset that is interested in continual improvement
- High attention to detail with a commitment to providing best-in-service delivery
- Develop and maintain process documentation and quality assurance protocols
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Creative thinker who can work within practical boundaries
- High organizational skills
- Commercially minded
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Positive attitude
- Able to travel and stay away from home (5%)
Language, Reasoning, Analytical, & Mathematical Skills
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to set and follow through on priorities
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects and effectively multi-task
- Effective decision making
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with authors, freelancers, and internal staff
- Ability to effectively manage time to meet deadlines and work professionally under pressure
- Ability to foresee trends, situations, or problems
- Ability to read, comprehend, analyze and interpret concepts, reviews, etc.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with diplomacy
- Ability to reason and problem solve
- Ability to work with constant interruptions
- Proficient analytical and mathematical skills
- Ability to effectively make presentations to internal/external groups
SAGE U.S. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Charter
SAGE Publishing is committed to being an inclusive employer where all individuals are treated with fairness and respect, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and partnership status, pregnancy and parental responsibilities, race, religion and belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
We believe that diversity is a cornerstone of a vibrant culture. We want SAGE to be an organization where the most talented staff and high-potential staff are recruited, have the opportunity to grow, and want to work. We strive to achieve a better representation of diverse talent at all levels, including leadership, across our workforce.
Company: SAGE Publishing
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A