This Jobsfunter Listing is about Safran in Ontario, CA 2022
About the job
1: On time delivery
- Ensure the supplier has the organization & the management to implement all the industrial means & their approval
- Develop the industrialization plan & milestones with the Supplier and Safran implementation team
- Liaise with the Supplier and any required Safran personnel (Commodity Buyers, Engineering, Supplier Quality, Laboratory, Procurement etc…) to ensure that all activities are completed in a timely manner in support of the program schedule
- In the event of delays in any activities, identify and put in place mitigating actions to recover to the required program schedule
- Identify any risks related to the industrialization activity and manage them in accordance with the Safran risk procedure. Ensure hot topics are properly resolved, and escalated in accordance with the escalation process.
- Publish / Present the industrialization Dashboard / Flash report on a bi-weekly basis and provide any other additional reporting required
2: Configuration & cost control
- Understand changes in configuration and flow these through to the Commodity Buyer & Supplier.
- Support the Commodity Buyer in any resulting cost negotiations (RC & NRC)
- Ensure the validated models, drawings and specifications to suppliers ( with or through the industrialization Validation Lead)
- Proactively seek process improvements during the industrialization process and minimize any potential delays / increases that might arise due to requirements changes
- Utilize the APQP Process in accordance with the Safran policies and procedures
- Actively be involved in any Health, Safety and Environment initiatives as HS&E is every employee’s responsibilities.
- Manufacturing Engineering or Engineering degree preferred, and/or 5+ years purchasing Aerospace part manufacturing experience working on new Programs introduction or similar. (Aerospace experience preferred)
- Experience in/knowledge of raw materials and forgings process
- Experienced in/knowledge of machining, NDT, special processing and assembly of landing gear parts and assembly processes
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with constantly changing priorities
- Ability and willingness to complete work on a fixed and demanding schedule, and follow up on outstanding issues in a timely fashion
- Ability work flexible hours and travel as required
- Ability to work safely, adhering to any Health & Safety policy as well as maintain a high level of 5S for a clean and safe work environment
- Ability to read drawings and understand/work in or with Catia models through our Enovia system
- Strong problem solving with critical thinking, attention to detail and excellent judgment/decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of management and including Supplier management and Company owners in English and a second language would be an asset.
- Good negotiation skills and time management skills
- An understanding of measuring instruments for machining and inspection purposes.
Specialized Knowledge: Project Management Experience, High to Expert level of MS Office Skills, product and special process requirement knowledge.
Feeling hesitant because you don’t meet all of the job requirements? Don’t be! Safran Landing Systems (SafranLS) is committed to creating an inclusive, diverse and equitable team and encourages all applicants to apply. If you love a challenge and want to work in an exciting, high-tech environment, we want to hear from you.
We see diversity as a means to leverage creativity, collective performance and innovation. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. SafranLS is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment with continual learning opportunities and a focus on well-being in the workplace.
SafranLS offers accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process and will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS in advance.
At SafranLS, a passion for Aerospace can mean a limitless career, land your next position with us!
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A