This Jobsfunter Listing is about Ryerson in Chicago, IL 2022
About the job
The future will be made from metal. From global infrastructure projects to smart energy initiatives, metal is the essential material for building a more sustainable society. Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., a leader in the global metals supply chain for nearly 200 years, is at the center of it all, helping close the gap between metal producers’ supply and end-users’ demand.
Help tell the next chapter in our story. We are seeking a Digital Content Intern to assist our Content Manager with digital content initiatives for Ryerson and a number of sub-brands. In this role, you will assist with day-to-day content development, publishing, and distribution.
This is your chance to hone your content marketing skills and learn new tools and tactics for storytelling in a digital environment.
The ideal candidate will effectively:
• Collaborate with Content Manager, Marketing Manager, and Communications Specialist to develop and implement assets for the customer-facing website, employee-facing intranet, email programs, and social media channels.
• Will upload or manually enter content needed for ryerson.com 3.0. This may include coordinating content delivery with the translation company.
• Demonstrate the ability to make suggestions pertaining to the identification of critical elements and alternatives to implement the most appropriate solution.
• Perform design research and continually stay up to date on digital design trends and best practices.
• Possess strong graphic design skills with ability to work in all mediums.
• Work collaboratively with marketing/communications team and other members of the organization to support brand objectives.
• Contribute to the digital style guides and best practices as it pertains to digital asset production.
• Possess strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
• Perform other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
• Willingness to develop skills on Ryerson’s existing digital asset development tools.
Ideal skillset/knowledge of programs include:
• Graphic design programs, such as InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
• Minimal video editing.
• Minimum junior year completion with a progressive matriculation towards a Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or communications or related field.
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Proficient with MS Office (Power Point, Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
• Strong attention to detail with demonstrated analytical and organization abilities.
• Strong written and verbal communication.
• Computer literacy is required.
• Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Prior work experience is a plus.
• Ability to impact and influence others.
• Must be able to demonstrate personal initiative and leadership potential.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: N/A