Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under RSPCA in Blackfriars,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
The RSPCA is about to undergo the most fundamental transformation journey in its near 200 years. Despite serious financial pressures across the charity sector, the RSPCA is looking forward to the next stage of its long history.
We are looking to transform our service offerings, how we engage with customers, government bodies and partners across the animal welfare sector, as part of a new vision to ensure we are here for another 200 years.
This is not just about bringing the RSPCA into the present, but re-establishing it as the forward-looking leader for animal welfare.
To produce a sustainable operating model that allows the Society to continue to help all animals most in need, those who have tragically experienced cruelty, neglect and abuse, whilst using a partnership model to ensure wider animal welfare is still serviced.
- Develop a sustainable and compliant model that delivers improved and evidenced animal welfare outcomes.
- Deploy our resources more effectively, reducing inefficiency and duplication.
- Work more collaboratively with others, internally and externally.
- Take a leading role in building capacity and standardisation among animal welfare networks.
- Transform our culture from inward-facing to outward-facing – we listen and we learn.
- Adopt evidence-based innovation and best practice.
- Value, understand and promote our expertise and specialist knowledge.
- Become role models for high-quality, focused animal welfare provision
Purpose of Senior Programme Manager for Animal Journey Programme:
- To manage the scoping, planning and delivery of a transformational change programme to remodel the front line animal welfare service provision to the public to ensure that the RSPCA is focussed on supporting the animals most in need.
- To manage senior stakeholder engagement and change management and to oversee the projects and to hold them, and other business leads, to account for delivery and to align with the broader change programme.
- Facilitate challenging conversations and creative commissioning / service design discussions
- Build excitement around the vision for the programme
- Manage the programme plan, communications plan and RAID
- Working with the Partnerships team to develop a partnership building capability with other charities and government agencies to help deliver the necessary animal welfare services
- Revised processes and practises for animal centers, hospitals, wildlife centers and Inspectorate to support the partnership working
- Review and improvements in private animal boarding establishment use and private vet processes and practices
- Establishing a national networking, rehoming and fostering practice
- Establish appropriate welfare oversight and auditing
- Recommendations on improvements to MI/KPI tracking
- Recommendations on supporting systems and roadmap
Knowledge, skills and experience for Senior Programme Manager for Animal Journey Programme:
- Experience of running commissioning / service design programmes
- Experience of drafting commissioning documents and presentations
- Experience of having to lead creative thinking
- Experience of working and communicating at a strategic level with key stakeholders in order to build successful relationships and navigate top level politics, with evidence of managing by influence to achieve successful outcomes to complex business problems and proven experience of ensuring that projects remain viable and aligned to scope and strategy
- Experience of establishing strong governance structures and good reporting lines
- Experience of running projects for multiple business functions
- Extensive experience of stakeholder management, identifying, addressing and resolving differences between individuals and/or interest groups
- Experience of using project management tools to manage development activity
- Extensive experience creating Gantt charts, including resource leveling, dependency chains and critical paths
- Experience in controlling, reconciling and reporting on projects
- Experience of analysing complex data to produce useful management information
- Experience of using work packages
- Delivering results – Achieving impact and value for the customer through great performance management and empowerment
- Communicating and influencing – Delivering inspiring and courageous communications and influencing others to achieve
- Acting as one team – Creating a one team culture and achieving impact for our customers through our collective efforts across and outside of RSPCA
- Enabling change – Building an adaptive, resilient organisation, managing change well to set ourselves up as a stronger organisation for the future
- Engaging people – Building trust based relationships with a personal, honest and caring approach to one another.
The role will be hybrid; working from our London Hub in Blackfriars with a high focus on remote working. Trips to our hub will be for core collaboration.
Why work for the RSPCA?
It’s an exciting time to join us in the decade of our bicentenary as we focus on our Strategy to 2030 . The RSPCA works 365 days a year, rescuing all animals of all types from abuse, neglect, and injury.
We are compassionate * We are inspirational * We are committed * We are expert * We act with integrity.
What¿s In It For You
You’ll have an opportunity to work for the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales.
We value and recognise our employees’ contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
Great Annual Leave benefits – All staff receive 25 days annual leave on entry rising to 31 days after five years service and 31 days after six years service plus an additional Society day around Christmas. Staff can also carry over up to five days leave to the next leave year. We also offer a generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme; access to private healthcare scheme; support for professional development after qualifying period and access to our employee assistance programme.
Flexibility in Hours -We understand the importance of work-life balance and we offer our colleagues the flexibility to vary their location between both the office and home. Core Hours – with agreement staff can work their 35 hours flexibly across Monday to Friday. Provided the core hours of 10:00-15:00 are covered start and finish times each date can be flexed (prorated for part time staff) If you are looking for further flexibility, speak to us at the interview stage so that we can consider your request.
How To Apply
To apply for our Senior Programme Manager- Animal Journey vacancy, please send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] quoting reference SPMAJ2103 by the closing date of the 23rd of October 2022
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close this advert once sufficient applications have been received.
All online information and documents are available in alternative formats, including Braille and large font, upon request from the Resourcing team.
We strongly believe in being an innovative, diverse, and inclusive organisation and recognise that diversity in all of our people will help achieve that purpose and our mission more effectively. We actively encourage and seek applications from a wide diversity of candidates and in particular welcome applications from minority ethnic, black, and candidates with disabilities, who are currently under-represented at the RSPCA.
Please note we are not accepting unsolicited CVs from agencies for this opportunity.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
Vacancy Type: Contract
Job Location: Blackfriars,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A