Website Royal Society of Chemistry
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Royal Society of Chemistry in UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
About the RSC
The Royal Society of Chemistry is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to advance chemical sciences. As a not-for-profit publisher, we reinvest surplus funds back into the global scientific community, supporting our purpose to help the chemical science community make the world a better place.
The RSC strives to continuously innovate its product and services to adapt to market and customer needs, maintain relevancy and diversify revenues from print journals. This requires a market-led and ‘outside-in’ thinking approach to product and service innovation.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we promote a healthy work/life balance and flexible working options across the organisation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees including:
- 26 days paid holiday per annum
- 35-hour working week with flexible options
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Paid volunteering days
- Pension plan with up to 12% employer contributions (depending upon your contribution)
- Life assurance at four times basic annual salary
We are looking for an Insights Analyst to join our friendly and experienced Data Science & Insights Team on a permanent full -time basis.
This is an exciting and varied role collaborating with different project teams from all around the RSC, for example by supporting our Publishing business, member community or teacher outreach programmes. You will play a key part in gathering market, customer and competitor intelligence to support strategic business decisions or product development. We are therefore looking for someone who is numerate, curious and who has the communication skills to effectively share the insights we generate with our stakeholders.
As an Insights Analyst you will be responsible for conducting many different types of market research, such as, qualitative, quantitative and desk research. You will be supporting colleagues in the generation of robust customer, market, business and competitor intelligence and insights.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience of carrying out customer and market research using qualitative and quantitative research techniques, such as telephone interviews, surveys and focus groups.
- Experience of project management
- High level of numeracy and an aptitude for data gathering, analysis, reporting, and making recommendations, including:
- Microsoft Excel to an advanced level and good level of knowledge of other Microsoft Office packages
- experience of analytics and visualisation tools such as R, Microsoft Power BI,Tableau or similar
- ability to summarise key trends from market/scientific information, and produce written reports and presentations knowledge of statistical techniques used in market research
- If you are interested in this role, please apply before the end of the closing date.
Company: Royal Society of Chemistry
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A