Website Royal Mail
Managing 35-40 members of staff across the four sites , you will lead and control the delivery of cleaning service on dedicated customer sites ensuring standards are consistently maintained in accordance with the customer’s contractual specification, through building strong customer relationships, as well as looking for areas for improvement and where we can add value to our customer.
- Supporting the SSM to deliver the regional financial business plan, by carefully managing and developing initiatives to reduce materials and consumables costs, you’ll look to identify and drive through efficiency savings e.g. reduction in surplus hours on sites, agency, over-time, absenteeism & sickness.
- The Site Supervisor will ensure that all accidents, incidents, any breaches of safety or security are recorded and reported in accordance with the defined procedures, in conjunction with a full investigation and managing with appropriate escalation to the SSM, where necessary.
- Creating a culture that embraces change you’ll build customer satisfaction by communicating the benefits of any existing or new innovation in technology, cleaning methods or products to both customers and their team. The Site Supervisor will support the SSM in ensuring that all weekly site inspections, reports, timesheets and requests for information are completed within the required timescales.
- Reporting to the Soft Service Manager (SSM), you’ll assist in managing, leading, motivating and improving the performance of the Cleaning Operatives to ensure cleaning standards are achieved.
- Ensuring safe working practices are established for the delivery of the cleaning service and followed at all times, you’ll support the SSM in achieving Zero Harm accomplishing this through effective supervision, communication and development of their team, ensuring and recording the required health & safety training, tool box talks and messages in order to be able to carry out duties in a safe manner.
Qualification & Experience:
- You need to be extremely flexible as the Site Supervisor will be required to attend a variety of shifts on a rotational basis to meet operational demands. This may include attendance during the day, afternoon and night shifts plus ad-hoc weekend work to deliver training and updates to your team.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leicester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com