Website Royal Mail
A key senior leadership role within the engineering maintenance team, responsible for providing on-site technical support and leading the response of maintenance technicians to technical deficiencies, whilst working to deliver the maintenance strategy to ensure compliance with standards and legislation for all hub automation. They will manage the escalation processes for hub automation breakdowns to resolution, engaging with all relevant stakeholders both internally and externally. Responsible for driving continuous improvement initiatives delivering; safe, reliable, cost effective and efficient automation performance that underpins our operational workplan and customer experience. Working collaboratively with operational colleagues, original equipment manufacturers and remote central support teams, build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance to legislation and Royal Mail policies and standards.
- Ensure effective knowledge transfer of Beumer technologies and systems, working closely with BG System Analyst.
- Provide expert technical support during the operation including; management of complex breakdowns, analysis of technical data, support frontline technicians and ensure the engineering team are responding to automation issues in a timely manner.
- Perform safety audits, inspections and assessments to ensure automation conformity.
- Manage escalation processes for technical breakdowns, technical support and IT related issues.
- Support a safety culture within the engineering team and provide coaching and guidance to technicians.
- Qualified machinery directive compliance assessor (PUWER) – or prepared to work towards.
- Knowledge of cost versus risk and change management theories to develop and deliver technical solutions supporting strategic decisions.
- Professionally registered engineer at a minimum level of Engineering Technician (EngTECH) and be working towards/or prepared to work towards Incorporated Engineer (IEng) status.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering ISO 55000 asset maintenance strategies.
- IOSH Managing Safety qualified and certified manager – or prepared to work towards.
- Strong leadership, communication, influencing and senior leader stakeholder management skills.
- High-level of analytical, detailed data analysis and systematic problem-solving skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of Level 3 NVQ/BTEC, preferably level 4/5 (HNC/HND) or higher qualification in engineering.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Liverpool, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org