Website Royal Mail
From scorching summer days to the depths of winter, our postal workers play a vital role, delivering the mail. It’s a physically demanding job – but it’s one the nation relies on. Here, you will:
- Work part-time hours between the hours of 08:00 and 15:00
- Cover periods of leave for a fixed number of routes (so you’ll need to be a bit flexible)
- Sort the mail for your route
- Check your vehicle and join a colleague for your round
- Spend between four and six hours delivering mail outdoors
- Love of the outdoors: From rural farms to city apartments, corner shops to business parks, whatever the weather (and, this being Britain, it can get quite extreme) we’re there, six days a week. That means you’ll need to be happy being out and about.
- Resilience: You will be able to work under pressure and with the public, acting as a friendly face that people know and trust.
- Flexibility: You will be working in different areas covering your colleagues’ holidays, so you might need to adjust your working hours to match your round.
- Good level of fitness: There’s up to six hours per day of walking, so you should relish a role that keeps you fit.
- Excellent organization: You will need to be able to plan your round and make sure you complete all your deliveries in good time.
Qualification & Experience:
- A full UK manual driving license (in your current UK address), with no more than six penalty points is essential, but a clean license is preferred. Please note you will be required to show this at assessment.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com