This Jobsfunter Listing is about Ring in Cambridge, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
Ring is looking for an experienced embedded firmware developer to develop firmware for our wireless IoT devices. This work includes the development of Ring Alarm devices, such as alarm keypads, motion sensors, glass break detectors and more which are all design to extend the “ring of security” Ring provides our neighbors. These products will be deployed all over the world and add to the ecosystem of Ring’s camera’s and smart lighting systems.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop C code on ARM Cortex M wireless microprocessors.
- Write application logic code for our security devices
- Work with QA to get development tickets across the line for release
- Investigate issues that may arise with deployed firmware
- Follow direction from Software Manager, Program Manager and lead engineers
- Ensure build system for continuous integration is in place with automated unit tests
- Document all designs and decisions
- Groom development tickets with the team
A day in the life
In this role you will develop firmware for custom wireless based battery powered device hardware. This work will be defined in releases that are planned and organized in our agile tool system. You will participate in embedded design and development. Assist in investigating issues for devices in the field and provide the best alarm sensors for our customers to use in and around their homes.
About The Team
The team is located in the US in the Philadelphia area. We have delivered a number of core alarm devices to market. The team is committed to developing security based devices and accessory products for our neighbors to integrate into their home. We work in an agile environment and are hands on in custom hardware bring-up.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 4+ years of experience in development of firmware on microprocessors
- 4+ years of experience in C programming
- 4+ Years of experience in one or more of the following serial communication protocols: I2C, SPI, RS-232, RS-485
- 4+ years of experience working on ARM Cortex-M based microprocessors
- 2+ Years of experience in developing with embedded RTOS
- 2+ years of experience in Continuous Integration
- 2+ years of experience using Git
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Z-Wave experience
- CI Tool Jenkins
- Strong understanding of TDD and how it applies to embedded development
- Passionate about finding and fixing problems
- Passionate about gadgets and smart devices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The individual must be well organized, methodical, and detail-oriented.
- A self-starter who is capable of identifying problems, taking initiative to propose solutions, and successfully executing plans
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Company – Evi Technologies Limited
Job ID: A1729819
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A