This Jobsfunter Listing is about RenoFi in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
As a Lead developer you’ll guide the team towards building new product functionality and polish the existing product from start to finish. All of our leads are leading by example and contribute to the code base as part of our weekly sprint iterations. You’ll contribute to the production process, exploring options to solve our customers’ needs, thinking through system design and scalability, and ultimately implementing features across the stack.
Our team is focused on crafting a user experience that makes the complex process of financing a renovation accessible and easy to understand. On any given day, we might be working on the interfaces that will help homeowners navigate the process of funding their renovation or the systems that enable our lending partners to offer our products.
Our frontend is built in React with TypeScript. We use a lot of open source technology and encourage finding ways to make components of our applications open source in return – you can see more on our Github page.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Manage a team of 4-6 backend and frontend engineers
- Run the team’s sprint ceremonies
- Be responsible for the team’s planning and task allocation
- Work within a microservices architecture running on GCP
- Use monitoring tools such as Honeycomb, New Relic, Log Rocket
- Participate in on-call rotations as required by the Engineering Manager
THE TOOLS YOU’LL BE USING:
- Ruby, GraphQL
- Redis, Algolia
- PostgreSQL on Google Cloud SQL
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Asynchronous processing using Sidekiq and Google pub/sub
What you’ll bring to the team
- Experience with Ruby
- Writing well-tested database-driven and API-centric applications.
- Extremely proficient with SQL and API design and implementation, GraphQL is a plus.
- Experience working within a microservices-based containerized environment using tools like Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with automated testing (unit/integration/e2e)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What we offer
RenoFi has been built from the start as a fully distributed team with an intentional focus on growing a strong team and culture that spans time zones and nationalities.
RenoFi offers competitive cash and stock option compensation. Some benefit offerings will vary from country to country. In the United States, we offer competitive health and retirement plans. All staff enjoys a flexible vacation policy.
RenoFi is a fintech startup that partners with lenders to make it possible to offer the next generation of renovation loans to private customers. RenoFi is backed by some of the best startup investors globally, including Canaan Partners and First Round Capital. For more information about RenoFi, please visit: https://www.renofi.com/about/
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A