The Head of Data Protection, UK, Europe, and Asia is responsible for the management of the data protection and privacy function across all businesses and segments in the region to ensure
- Design and maintenance of appropriate training and competence programs;
- Driving a culture of privacy by advocating for appropriate collection and use of personal data, privacy by design, alignment to RBC privacy principles, accountability, and sharing of best practices
- Design and maintenance of policies and procedures to address risks;
- Advice, oversight, and challenge on privacy risk;
- Compliance with Data Protection and Privacy regulations as they relate to advisory activities:
- Regular risk profile reporting, and escalation of significant privacy risk issues/gaps to the Chief Compliance Officer, RBC Europe, and Asia, Chief Privacy Officer, and relevant governance committees
- Support to businesses and functions in developing appropriate and effective responses to and resolution of privacy issues/gaps;
- Monitoring and regular assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of measures/procedures put in place in accordance with regulatory requirements;
- Strong knowledge of privacy, compliance, and regulatory risk management laws, regulations, and practices, as well as regulatory expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills and superior judgment combined with strong oral and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker with solution orientation
- Partnership mentality with respect to the rest of RBC enterprise, including other functions.
- University Bachelor Degree equivalent
- Proven effective communication skills
- Ability to understand business needs and address conflicts, competing priorities as necessary.
- Ability to accept accountability, assume pro-active leadership, demonstrate initiative, and lead by example in teamwork, cross-unit co-operation, information sharing.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working in the financial services industry; experienced Privacy Professional is an asset
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sheffield, GB
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com