You will provide independent, objective evaluations of the effectiveness of risk management practices, internal control and corporate governance processes across RBC Businesses (Capital Markets, Wealth Management and Investor & Treasury Services) and support functions. These evaluations span planned internal audits, ad-hoc investigations, continuous monitoring and audit issue resolution. This will require building strong relationships with management to ensure they achieve RBC’s objectives by creating solutions to improve business operations, while complying with policies and procedures, financial and regulatory requirements, and remaining within the risk appetite of the organisation.
- Participate in complex and special audit projects as requested by senior management of the Bank
- When acting as a team member, assess the control design of the assigned audit areas and propose a testing strategy, perform the agreed audit testing, maintain appropriate working papers and draft audit issues in consultation with the team lead.
- When acting as an audit lead, oversee and manage internal audits from start to finish. This includes ensuring the audit coverage is adequate for the issuance of an overall opinion on internal controls and risk management practices to senior management; execute audit work, drafting and agreeing audit issues; assessing management action plans; and reviewing working papers. Use appropriate data analytics to identify and ensure adequate coverage of key risks.
- Work with the business to develop and implement continuous assurance processes
- Keep abreast of organizational, regulatory, product, strategic and financial changes and/or trends impacting assigned the business
- Follow up with management on audit issue resolution
- Effect change by assisting business management to develop appropriate action plans to address identified deficiencies, and ensure these are implemented in a timely manner.
- When necessary, lead a team of professional auditors and be responsible for all aspects of an audit
- Actively contribute to team discussions, openly sharing experiences and ideas to improve audit practices and coverage
- Strong understanding of auditing principles and techniques and has excellent project management skills
- Strong knowledge of Capital Markets products
- Must have the ability to quickly understand the risks associated with new services and products, and to formulate practical audit procedures to address them
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment within the financial services industry including Basel and Dodd Frank
- Able to lead by example through provision of knowledge, teamwork, cross-unit cooperation and information
- Effective interaction/dealing with senior business management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, familiarity with PC and common business software
- Knowledge of UK, IFRS and International Accounting Standards
Qualification & Experience:
- An understanding of management principles that enable recognition and evaluation of materiality and significant deviations from good management practices
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, GB
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org