The incumbent will need advanced knowledge and experience working in an application development and/or technology operations organization. Perform production support role and partner with SRE Delivery team in incident management and problem management; always with an eye for code driven solutions and automation.
- Provide SRE thought leadership on squad level; drive Infrastructure as Code Mentality; develop best practices in SRE; perform code and non-functional (performance, security, maintainability) reviews of all production bound SRE solutions; help drive transformation by continuously looking for ways to automate existing processes; run engineering mindset meetups accelerating breadth and depth of knowledge in community; manage application assets and users (virtual machines, cloud instances, source code repositories, etc.)
- Publish and/or review implementation plans for SRE solutions bound to production; explore new capabilities and technologies to drive innovation (including coding and publishing how-to documentation); engage wide variety technology teams within the organizations to ensure approaches are following the SRE standards developed and driven by the team
- Publish technical design for SRE solutions; motivate Team to think with an automation mindset; consult on systems design encouraging modern concepts such as CI/CD where appropriate
- Effective negotiation skills, stakeholder management
- Advanced Knowledge and understanding with Virtual Technologies VMware etc.
- Ability to lead and motivate people
- Advanced Knowledge and understanding with Container Platforms Docker K8s, OCP
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively throughout the organization
- Advanced Knowledge and understanding with SRE and Communication toolsets (Ansible, Dynatrace Managed, Moog, PagerDuty, ServiceNow, GitHub, Slack, Elastic, Logstash, Kibana, Blue Prism, Catch Point)
- Advanced Knowledge and understanding with Network Technologies & Concepts TCP/IP, SAN, VPN protocols etc.
- Advanced Knowledge and understanding CI/CD pipelines and deployment automation
- Advanced Knowledge and understanding with Server Operating Systems Linux, Unix, Windows Server
Qualification & Experience:
- 5-7 years related experience including Computer Engineering, Computer Science, related (technical) degree/diploma, or related breadth of experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Syracuse, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org