Group Risk Management Wholesale Credit Risk provides risk assessment and adjudication of complex Capital Markets borrowers/transactions. Through effective analysis of business and financial risk, GRM evaluates borrower risk ratings, and evaluates proposed client strategies and credit requests in order to provide comprehensive transactional analysis and approval recommendations. As an Associate Director, you will be expected to participate in implementing effective and timely credit risk analysis of companies in the finance, consumer products/service, pharma and chemical sectors.
- Meet with clients to complete due diligence and maintain close relationship with business partners
- Ensure an appropriate balance between Risk and Return
- Assist in continuous oversight of borrower’s business and financial performance through monitoring of financial and industry information, regulatory changes, third party analysis including rating agency publications, and other early warning signals, and continually reviews BRRs of all assigned borrowers.
- Review Single Name Strategies, Transaction Requests and Risk Assessments (“RAFs”) within agreed timelines and/or turn-around benchmarks, highlight exceptions to applicable policies and guidelines and suggest enhancements. Also prepares recommendations for Single Name Strategies and Transaction Requests for sign off.
- At an early stage work closely with the business on the risk aspects of any new transaction under consideration and provide direction and guidance as required to ensure the eventual deal structure adequately mitigates key risk concerns
- Perform credit analysis on individual borrowers in order to establish Borrower Risk Ratings (“BRRs”); includes preparing and adjudicating RAFS which encompasses industry, business and financial risks
- Analytical and curious mindset with the ability to manage details and filter out extraneous information
- Ability to deal with obstacles and work to develop effective solutions/recommendations
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork ability including strong communication skills and proven ability to write clearly and concisely
Qualification & Experience:
- Completed a MBA and/or post graduate degree and/or CA/CMA designation and/or a CFA (or has taken steps towards attaining a CFA designation)
- Significant experience with Excel, including using Excel as a tool for financial analysis and a good understanding of financial modelling and financial statement analysis
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a Financial Institution, preferably in lending and with good understanding of loan and trading credit products
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org