This Jobsfunter Listing is about QualTek in Sacramento, CA 2022
About the job
Job Summary: The Purchasing Specialist is responsible for the oversight of the purchasing and inventory of operating supplies.
- Manages the entire billing life cycle of materials and supplies purchased for business operations
- Process bills of materials in the Maxwell system
- Maintain end-to-end inventory processes and purchase order activity
- Responsible for customer material billing audits
- Analyze purchase data and purchase order forecasting
- Analyze and maintain min/max and safety stock inventory levels
- Track freight and maintain reporting for purchase order activity
- Ensure warehouse inventory transactions are being conducted in real-time
- Troubleshoot inventory variance with warehouse personnel
- Produce ad-hoc reports
- Other duties as required
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Supply Chain Management, Operations, Business, or related field from a 4 year College or University; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of purchasing and/or logistics experience; wireless telecom or utility/construction industry experience preferred
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Pivot Tables, V-lookup, and basic financial functions within Excel
- Experience working in a Maxwell system is a plus
- Highly organized and detail orientated
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines
- Ability to think analytically, apply sound judgement, and solve complex problems
- Ability to interact with staff, vendors, other departments, and senior management
- Candidates must be able to pass pre-employment testing (MVR, drug and background)
- Sitting at a desk for 6-8 hours a day
- Working on a computer for 6-8 hours a day
- May be required to work long and unpredictable hours
- Some travel required
This is an excellent opportunity to start your career with one of the fastest growing telecommunications companies in the country. Our people are our greatest asset.
QualTek creates and maintains the infrastructure to support the future of communications. From Wireless and Wireline to Renewables and Recovery Logistics services, QualTek provides the resources needed to expand next-generation carrier services across the US and Canada. We’re always looking for top talent to join our growing team and help us build the essential communication systems we all rely on.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Sacramento, CA
Application Deadline: N/A