This Jobsfunter Listing is about Qualcomm in San Diego, CA 2022
About the job
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Cellular Technologies Software
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform the potential of 5G into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age, and this is where you come in.
Qualcomm Wireless Research, based in San Diego, California, is working on strategic projects for the development of new technologies related to 5G, C-V2X, WLAN, industrial-IoT, and XR. You can learn more at https://www.qualcomm.comesearch/5g. Individuals in this role will work with multi-disciplinary teams to develop software for small and large-scale prototype systems for R&D, industry trials and commercial products. We seek highly innovative and motivated engineers who can get things done. You will be working with a team of multi-disciplined engineers in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging work environment to shape the future of wireless communications. Successful applicants will be creative, enthusiastic innovators who are equally comfortable with researching new technologies and implementing code that would go into commercial devices.
- The position is located in San Diego and will require relocation to San Diego.
You will be working on an industry-leading team developing the platform software for next generation prototypes for research in 5G and beyond technologies. This role will include working closely with fellow team members to enable the realization of protocol stacks running on Linux platforms that interface with other hardware over interfaces such as PCIe and high-speed Ethernet. Successful applicants will be creative, enthusiastic innovators who are equally comfortable writing device drivers, performing full system benchmarking and optimization to minimize latency and jitter, and designing and packaging platform software to enable rapid development/deployment cycles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 2+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience
- 2+ years of experience with at least one programming language such as C, C++, Python, etc.
- Excellent ability in design, implementation and debugging complex software systems
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Distributed systems and networking protocols
- Knowledge of protocols such as 5G NR, LTE and 802.11
- Real-time and embedded software development for general purpose and heterogeneous processors including GPUs and DSPs
- System performance optimization, multi-core, multi-processor, multi-threaded development
- Knowledge of networking concepts (e.g. bridging, routing) and kernel programming, especially on Linux
- Experience developing device drivers, especially for high-speed data transfer
- Familiarity with Linux software deployment, especially RPM/YUM
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative and geo-diverse software team environment
- Experience with designing radar systems for automotive use-cases
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Application Deadline: N/A