A career in our Merger and Acquisition Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions. Our team helps our clients with various aspects of a merger and acquisition transactions such as restructuring, divestiture, partnerships and insolvency. You’ll focus on helping clients establish treasury goals, analyse and quantify tax assets, assess tax risks, and model taxable income and cash flow impacts.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarizing key points.
- Analyze complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Coach others, recognize their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Strategy formulation and financial modeling e.g. performing financial analyses to assess the tax consequences of specific transactions.
- Transaction structuring for tax issues and corporate restructuring e.g. advising clients on tax-efficient restructuring;
- Due diligence e.g. interpreting complex legislative and regulatory actions relating to corporate and partnership transactions, assisting clients with regulatory and legislative initiatives, and preparing for client review submission requests for private letter rulings and technical advice from the IRS; and,
- Tax consulting and planning e.g. analyzing proposed transactions for unusual tax risks for undetermined tax benefits;
Qualification & Experience:
- A Juris Doctorate (JD), Master of Laws (LLM), or Master’s degree in Accounting or Taxation field of study will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor Degree in Accounting
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San-Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org