Operations Support Technician (Washroom Activities), 1st Shift (M-Th: 6:00am – 4:30pm) Jobs in Purdue Pharma L.P. Wilson, NC
Website Purdue Pharma L.P.
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Purdue Pharma LP in Wilson, NC 2022
About the job
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market medications and consumer health products to meet the evolving needs of healthcare professionals, patients, and caregivers. We were founded by physicians, and we are currently led by a physician. Beyond our efforts to provide quality medications, Purdue is committed to supporting national, regional and local collaborations to drive innovations in patient care. Privately held, Purdue is pursuing a pipeline of new medications through internal research & development and strategic industry partnerships. For close to two decades Purdue has engaged in many initiatives to stem prescription opioid abuse. We are committed to bringing lifesaving relief to communities and individuals suffering from substance use disorder and overdose. We are currently developing or supporting the development of two essential life-saving opioid overdose reversal medications and have the capability to manufacture others for medication assisted treatment. Providing these medicines has the potential to improve and save countless lives. We are driven by our purpose: Compassion for patients and excellence for science inspire our pursuit of new medicines. We are building an exciting path forward, and we are committed to recruiting a dedicated team of professionals who advance our expertise through a commitment to Purdue’s Values: Integrity and Courage, underpinned by Innovation, and always in Collaboration with each other. At Purdue Pharma and our subsidiaries, you have a unique career opportunity to work differently, uncover and seize new opportunities, and take a hands-on, ownership approach to your work. We go beyond traditional roles and find creative ways to extend our skills and interests, challenging ourselves to contribute in different, meaningful ways. We strive to create an environment where you can bring your best to work each day. We welcome the opportunity to have you on our team!
Position will provide support to the oral solid dosage manufacturing and packaging operation by performing general washroom activities, general housekeeping, and material handling duties.
- Perform general washroom activities including cleaning, sanitation and preparation of equipment and materials needed in the manufacturing process.
- Maintain the daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning of the clean room suites/areas.
- Maintains equipment log books and performs periodic review of documents.
- Maintain good housekeeping in the facility including the use of mops, brooms, and emptying waste.
- Safely transport product and materials to designated areas for disposal in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and EH&S requirements.
- Ensures supplies are delivered on time to provide uninterrupted production.
- Perform waste container filling operations and applying identification markers and labels requirements.
- Perform general housekeeping duties.
- Perform other related assignments and duties as required and assigned.
Education And Experience Requirements
- Requires High School diploma (or equivalent);
- Minimum one year experience in a pharmaceutical, GMP, FDA regulated environment or similar industry.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Clean room/GMP experience, in a related industry (nutraceutical or pharmaceutical) is highly desirable.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret safety rules and standard operating procedures; basic computer skills; the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks; and must be self – directed and detail oriented.
- Prior experience in solid-dosage manufacturing environment highly preferred.
Supervisor Responsibilities (if Applicable)
The Operations Support Technician has no direct reports.
Additional Information/ General/Organizational
- Quality/Compliance : Achieve a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes while maintaining compliance with policies and all regulatory requirements.
- Communication: Clear, accurate, effective and timely written and verbal communication. Strong attention to detail and ability to write and record data legibly and accurately in accordance to cGMP regulations.
- Teamwork/Collaboration : Work effectively with others to achieve goals, build strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Critical thinking/problem solving: general ability to collect, organize and analyze data. Ability to recognize, analyze and solve a variety of problems.
- Initiative : Ability to take ownership of work, doing what is needed without being asked and appropriate follow-through.
- Adaptability: Being receptive to feedback, willingness to learn, and open to continuous improvement.
- Operational Excellence: Embrace and support Operational Excellence Culture and Initiatives.
- Accountability: Demonstrate ambition and discipline to achieve organizational and career goals.
Physical and Environmental
- Occasionally move/traverse, ascend/descend step ladders, stairs, and/or platforms.
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including PAPR (Powered Air Purifying Respirator).
- Occasionally, transport materials using manual and power assisted vehicles including manually pushing and pulling drums, totes, boxes, and pallets.
- Operate of industrial hose (water) and physical exertion (repetitive wiping, rubbing and scrubbing) to clean equipment and room surfaces.
- Lift and maneuver empty drums; push and maneuver drums containing product.
- Perform cleaning and assembly/disassembly on production equipment which may require pulling, pushing, or twisting to remove equipment shields, parts and panels. Equipment and parts may weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work a 10 hour per day/4-day work week; 40 hours per week with overtime as required.
The job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional functions. Additionally, the company may revise the job description at any time
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to: actual or perceived race, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, age, creed, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status and military service, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinance. For more information about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (EEO) EEO is the Law Poster Supplement USERRA Rights Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) E-Verify (English and Spanish) Right to Work (English and Spanish) Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (English) Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (Spanish) We strive to make our Career opportunities website accessible to all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please email: [email protected]. This email is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require assistance accessing our careers website.
Company: Purdue Pharma L.P.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Wilson, NC
Application Deadline: N/A