Lab technician I Jobs in PRIDE Health Minneapolis–Saint Paul, MN
Website PRIDE Health
This Jobsfunter Listing is about PRIDE Health in Minneapolis–Saint Paul, MN 2022
About the job
Pride Health is looking for a Lab Technician to support our healthcare client in Saint Paul, MN. This is a 9-month assignment.
Schedule: Wednesday- Saturday 1:00pm-11:30pm
- Work with LC-MS/MS instrumentation utilizing a cloud-based processing platform, Ascent.
- Receive extracted specimens for testing; evaluate batches and test orders; determine priority of work for these batches in order to maintain acceptable turn-around time.
- This position requires large amounts of daily electronic data analysis, done on computer stations outside of the laboratory.
- Recognize unacceptable and unusual specimen(s) within a batch or within a set of Hamilton Deck Mates (4 batches) and handle appropriately.
- Adhere to SOP while performing data analysis on patient and proficiency samples as well as calibration, quality control and blank samples
- Evaluate raw and final data for accuracy; recognize and correct errors and unusual results; interpret results to produce a final report
- Follow quality control rules; monitor controls / calibration for error detection within batch along with trends within QC sets of an assay and take appropriate corrective action as needed
- Maintain, calibrate and clean instrumentation / work area; perform scheduledoutine maintenance and critical function checks; recognize significant changes in instrument function; troubleshoot as indicated
- Maintain accurate records and documentation for all laboratory tests and equipment including, but not limited to, instrument logs, maintenance logs, disinfection logs and assay SOPs
- Follows a proactive approach to assay performance and instrument performance to prevent downtime and delay of reporting results to clients and patients
- Evaluate, use and/or prepare laboratory reagents, standards and quality controls according to established department standard operating procedures and established timeframes
- Use Good Documentation Practiced (GDP) in all documentation
- Deliver accurate high quality patient care while maintaining efficiency
- Participate in the instruction and training of others; demonstrate and/or explain the testing process to others or observe the testing process as performed by others
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in chemical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced production environment to meet established turn-around-times.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Interested? Apply today!
Company: PRIDE Health
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Minneapolis–Saint Paul, MN
Application Deadline: N/A