Production Supervisor careers in Pregis Hopkinsville, KY
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Pregis in Hopkinsville, KY 2022
About the job
We’re Not Just in the Packaging Business–We’re in the “Wow” Business
Pregis is Hiring!
Why Join Pregis?
Pregis is in the packaging business to protect what matters. We are committed to providing our customers and employees sustainable growth through purpose-driven innovation and customer-centric packaging solutions. If you are looking for a company that is thriving across various high growth industries and is innovative, customer focused, high integrity, believes in strong teamwork and collaboration, Pregis is the company for you. Check out the Pregis Purpose to learn how sustainability and social responsibility is at the very core of our company DNA.
The Production Supervisor position is responsible for coordinating and supervising activities of production workers. The right individual will have a minimum of 3 years of experience leading a team in a manufacturing environment. This position will create a work environment contributing to team member morale and motivation to accomplish performance objectives. Communicate with other shifts and peers regarding safety, quality, productivity, staffing, equipment, and continuous improvement activities daily.
Principle Duties And Responsibilities
- Ability to communicate and facilitate a safe work culture, ensuring compliance with all company safety/environmental and housekeeping policies.
- Adheres to all health & safety policies and procedures for area
- Provide direct supervision of team members
- Assures that all employees are trained adequately to perform assigned tasks on all existing and new production equipment
- Continually provide support, training, and evaluate performance of team
- Accurately record, communicate and maintain assigned documentation in timely manner
- Troubleshoot processing techniques and production machinery
- Assure quality and accuracy of production standards
- Assist other departments/shifts as instructed
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to work in a professional, multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with and influence team members, peers, and senior managers
- Monitor, evaluate, and execute production schedules of equipment/assets
- Strong analytical skills
- Provide problem solving and resolution skills for departmental issues
- Continuous improvement relative to safety, quality, and productivity
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Education And Experience
Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a supervisory position.
Strong background in manufacturing.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook is required, with some knowledge of Microsoft Word/PowerPoint/Access.
SAP experience a plus
On-site orientation and training will be provided
Shop environment where Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required.
Physical Effort Requirements
Long periods of standing, must be able to lift 50 pounds
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe in diversity of thought and bringing together other traits and characteristics that make an individual bring a unique experience to Pregis.We strive to foster an inclusive environment where behaviors and social norms ensure people are welcome.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement/Inclusion
We offer equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We support inclusion and believe in welcoming a collective sum of individual differences, thoughts, traits, and characteristics to represent Pregis’ culture and achievements.
Visit us at www.pregis.com for more information about Pregis LLC.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Hopkinsville, KY
Application Deadline: N/A