Support Software Engineer Positions in Popmenu Atlanta, GA
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Popmenu in Atlanta, GA 2022
About the job
Are you ready to support and enhance software loved by thousands of restauranteurs and used by millions of people every day? Do you thrive in a collaborative environment where you understand how your good work contributes to company goals? Are you ready to immerse yourself in an environment full of experienced, talented engineers? If you answered yes to all these questions, Popmenu could be the place for you!
About this Opportunity:
Popmenu is looking for a Support Software Engineer to support and enhance innovative technology solutions for thousands of restauranteurs and millions of diners, and to scale our support engineering department as we become the must-have technology for restaurants. Our ideal candidate is familiar with Ruby on Rails and React, or similar frameworks and languages, and has contributed to at least one professional codebase with multiple contributors. This person will have excellent communication skills which will enable them to excel in this role serving both the Engineering and Customer Experience departments.
What’s on Your Plate:
- Enhancing Software: You’ll find opportunities to build tooling that we can add to Popmenu to better serve our customers. Are a bunch of clients asking for a new report? Just build it!
- Serving Engineering Partners: You are the internal face of engineering. Colleagues from all departments will come to you with requests and ideas. Your successes will be celebrated by all of Popmenu.
- Growing Yourself: You will regularly pair and collaborate with senior engineers, and you will be coached in specific areas to prepare you for career advancement at Popmenu.
Bottom Line – You will provide our customers enhanced technical support and create tooling that enables our Support and Customer Success business partners to provide that enhanced support themselves. You will also be free to fix bugs in the platform. You will be supported by our engineering staff and management to prepare you for advancement within our organization.
What You Bring to the Table:
- You have professional software development experience, with a degree in Computer Science or years of equivalent experience.
- You can identify the pieces of code and trace the data flow involved in causing a bug, or for that matter any behavior of a software application.
- You have some customer service experience, and you would be comfortable having a video or phone call with our customers.
- You have great communication skills and can collaborate across departments and have some experience managing partner expectations.
- You are at least familiar with Ruby on Rails and JS/React, and you have 1+ years of professional experience in those or similar dynamic languages and frameworks.
- Tests are part of your code. You have used RSpec or a similar testing framework professionally.
- You are not a DBA, but you know how to get what you need from a database via a Rails Console.
At Popmenu we believe in transparency and meeting candidates at eye-level. We know that money isn’t everything – but it is important. For this role, we have determined a compensation range of $75k to $100k in addition to company equity to be a fair and attractive offer.
We would love the opportunity to meet you and learn more about you and your background. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors and may vary from the amount above. Looking forward to chatting with you!
Who We Are:
Popmenu is a fast-growing, venture-backed SaaS business in the restaurant/hospitality sector working with more than 6,000 restaurants every month. We are dedicated to revolutionizing the industry in a way that benefits both the restaurant owner and the consumer. We started with our now-patented, dynamic menu technology that unleashes the power of a restaurant’s greatest marketing tool: the menu. Since then, we have been endlessly innovating to continue tackling existing and emerging industry needs.
We hire exceptionally bright, motivated people who are passionate about helping great restaurants reach their full potential. We offer a flexible work environment, a pioneering concept, a product our clients love, and talented teammates. This is a chance to make great things happen and be a difference-maker. We’re excited to meet you!
What We’re Serving:
• We have an empowering culture centered around our four core values. Our work environment emphasizes collaboration, energy, and openness above corporate formality – you can be yourself and save the suit for special occasions. (We’ve also won a few awards – Glassdoor Best Places To Work and Top Workplaces USA to name a couple.)
• We know that great ideas are rooted in diverse culture and experience. We are always striving to create an environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
• Flexibility and freedom are high—are you doing your part and getting your work done? That’s all that matters.
• We’re growing fast but there’s still plenty of runway for you to have major impact. We’ve built infrastructure to ensure you’re not starting from scratch or getting lost along the way.
• Innovation is in our DNA—to find great ideas you have to break things. We encourage you to fail fast, fail smartly, and fail forward.
• Your visibility will be high, with daily opportunity to share wins and learnings with the entire company.
• Work alongside a talented team with experience developing, marketing, and selling products for millions of users and thousands of clients—there is always something new to learn from one another.
• We offer a competitive salary and equity along with an excellent benefits package for all our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, 401k matching, and an open PTO policy.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Application Deadline: N/A