Connected Vehicle Services Developer, RIDE Command- Remote Job in Polaris Inc. Phoenix, AZ
Website Polaris Inc.
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Polaris Inc in Phoenix, AZ 2022
About the job
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The RIDE Command Connected Vehicle Services Developer will focus on the the acquisition, storage, maintenance and usage of data that enables user experiences within the Polaris RIDE Command platform. The Connected Vehicle Services Developer is responsible for the high-level design and architecture of data storage and ownership of supported integrations at Polaris. This role partners with Developers, Scrum Masters, and Product Owners to build high quality solutions that meet business needs. A successful candidate will forge and grow relationships within the Product Engineering, Information Technology, and Marketing areas to take a holistic approach in building awesome products for Polaris customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with business partners in Product Engineering, Information Technology, Marketing, and other areas of the company to acquire data necessary to deliver business needs
- Extract, transfer, and load data into appropriate storage locations
- Architect and develop APIs that allow for easy utilization of data to support business needs
- Build scalable integrations to existing data sources inside and outside the company to gain efficiencies
- Advise other developers in Polaris to properly utilize source data integrations
- Maintain data sources with the latest data as new products are launched that require data updates
- Partner with other developers across the organization to develop robust data strategies that leverage established best practices
- Continuously push to mature source of truth data and eliminate duplicate sources when possible
- Document best practices for data locations and utilization
- Scale systems as capabilities expand
- Collaborate with Product Owners to establish roadmaps to build and mature data capabilities
- Plan and execute development with Scrum Masters and Product Owners
- Ensure data is stored and accessed in a secure manner
- Be a fierce advocate for the centralization and utilization of data at Polaris
Skills & Knowledge
- 3+ years of SW Engineering/Development experience in .NET beyond schooling/internships
- 2+ years of experience working in an Agile (SCRUM) working environment
- Awareness of and ability to leverage design patterns for common problems such as scalability, fault tolerance, etc.
- 2+ years experience beyond schooling/internships with RESTful APIs design and implementation experience
- 2+ years experience beyond schooling/internships writing REST-based C# ASP.Net WebAPI’s is required
- Knowledge of Lambda and WebAPI style integrations and when to choose one over the other
- MongoDB experience (or any NoSQl database) experience is preferred
- Understands and experienced with securely integrating external and internal systems
- Ability to design data structures for ease of understanding and resilience to change
- Prior AWS experience is helpful but not required
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with hybrid (cloud/on premises) integration architecture patterns is highly desirable
- BS/BA in business management information systems, computer science, software engineering, business, &/or an equivalent technical degree with equivalent working experience is required
- Remote Work – Onshore Team
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Company: Polaris Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ
Application Deadline: N/A