This Jobsfunter Listing is about PlanetScale in United States
About the job
PlanetScale’s Marketing team is responsible for the creation and execution of engaging, results driven branding, marketing, sales and demand generation campaigns including large global conferences, regional sales enablement events, webinars and targeted account marketing. We also handle the website, paid and organic search, social media, blogs, collateral, promotions, public relations, and advertising.
We’re looking for a content marketer with a performance marketing and storyteller mindset to drive PlanetScale forward as the leader in database platforms. The ideal candidate has experience leading a content marketing strategy that’s aligned with overall marketing KPIs (including organic traffic, lead generation, and thought leadership). This is a high-growth and high-visibility role for someone looking to build a strong portfolio while leading and executing on content strategy, creation, and distribution.
This is a high-visibility role where you will be driving or supporting all new industry messaging for enterprise marketing.
What’s the job to be done?
- Develop and execute on a strong content strategy that aligns with brand, value propositions and buyer personas to engage across buying groups throughout the marketing funnel
- Build and maintain a content calendar in collaboration with developer marketing and product marketing
- Conduct research and interview tactics to utilize for content generation
- Own organic social with a goal of increasing employee advocacy and digital engagement
- Drive high-quality production of content including research reports, blog posts, website/email copy, video scripts and storyboards, ebooks, customer case studies, thought leadership pieces, etc.
- Track content KPIs and analyze content performance against marketing goals to help inform and optimize content strategy
- Foster increased employee participation in content marketing, including editing your colleagues’ blog contributions
- Source, hire, mentor, and onboard contract writers as needed
- Manage contractors/agencies, including freelance copywriters
- Report on content marketing KPIs and channel strategies including presentations to internal teams
These attributes best describe you…
- You thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- You excel when the emphasis is on high productivity and high autonomy.
- You exhibit an entrepreneurial, start-up/dive-right-in mentality.
- You want to work in a fast-moving rocketship and have a significant impact on the direction and processes of the marketing team.
What You Will Need
- 5+ years content marketing experience, preferably writing for audience of data professionals, growth hackers, or product managers
- Expertise with using SEO best practices to write creative copy that includes effective keyword placement
- Experience completing long-form writing projects such as research reports
- Ability to use a combination of data, research, and intuition to determine the type of content that will resonate with the market
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication, strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment; able to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced business
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
What Else Will Help You Be Successful
- Experience working on an all-remote team
- Exposure to relational databases or software development
- Basic knowledge of open source development and communities
At PlanetScale we believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive no matter the location. Our mission is to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We strive to build an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are a candidate or an employee. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, pregnancy status, and veteran status.
If you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A