Website Plan International USA
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Plan International USA in Niamey, Niger 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
Plan International is a girls’ rights organization that partners with adolescents and children around the world to overcome oppression and gender inequality, providing the support and resources that are unique to their needs and the needs of their communities. Working in more than 75 countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan’s holistic, rights-based approach ensures that our project participants achieve their full potential with dignity, opportunity and safety. Our projects are designed in partnership with communities and strategically address systemic issues that often transcend sectors. As such, Plan demonstrates technical expertise across a range of intervention areas: education, health, water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), protection and youth economic empowerment. In addition, Plan has a robust humanitarian response and disaster preparedness practice. With extensive local networks and community reach, Plan drives positive change through broad community participation, achieving sustainable results by actively engaging and providing services to individuals, families, communities and governments. Plan International has been working in Niger since 1998.
Plan International is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Advisor for the anticipated USAID-funded Non-Formal Education activity in Niger. The MERL Advisor will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts. S/he will lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement and overall data management. S/he will guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidates program reports, and promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learned. The position is contingent upon award of the project by the donor.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and ongoing revision of the program’s M&E system ensuring that it responds to the needs of the program and adheres to USAID guidance.
- Develop data collection methodologies and tools.
- Train staff and local implementing partners on M&E systems, concepts, tools, and processes.
- Ensure data quality by conducting routine data quality assurance activities.
- Collaborate with technical leads to develop a comprehensive research and learning agenda that contributes to program implementation.
- Oversee all research related activities, including developing terms of reference, reviewing research methodologies, and overseeing data collection of third party research partners.
- In coordination with the program team, help with the identification, analysis, and synthesis of lessons learned and best practices.
- Oversee donor reporting.
- Work closely with the MERL Advisor at Plan USA to ensure that the program’s M&E systems are compliant with Plan USA policies and procedures and USAID rules and regulations.
- Ensure Plan’s Child Protection Policy and Guidelines and Research Standards are adhered to during project implementation.
- Represent the program positively and professionally to internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A masters’ degree in a relevant discipline, such as business, statistics, or international relations.
- At least seven (7) years of experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluating activities for complex programs.
- Demonstrated experience managing MEL activities on USAID-funded projects, including experience managing Monitoring & Evaluation of USAID-funded projects;
- A firm command of the M&E issues with respect to improvements in USAID-funded programs.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing M&E systems that track performance as per the objectives of this project (e.g. service integration and performance against each result area).
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the project’s activities and support project supervision.
- Strong writing and organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on program and program outcomes and impacts.
- Experience supervising a team of MEL specialists and officers.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English and French.
This position is contingent upon award by the donor.
Company: Plan International USA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Niamey, Niger
Application Deadline: N/A