Website Perkins Coie LLP
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Perkins Coie LLP in Portland, OR 2022
About the job
At Perkins Coie, we look for individuals that are self-motivated, dedicated to providing value and superior services and, above all, people who have a high degree of integrity and enthusiasm for their work. We’ve created a company culture that is based on collaboration, devotion to serving our clients, and mutual respect. Perkins Coie is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion both within the firm and throughout our collective communities. Work for one of the 100 Best Workplaces in America, get great health insurance, tuition reimbursement, your birthday off, and paid sabbaticals.
Provide administrative assistance to the firm’s Senior Director of Business Development & Client Service and a dedicated team of Business Development Directors (collectively, “BD Directors”). The Business Development Assistant (BDA) will provide general administrative support, including, but not limited to, being responsible for managing the Directors’ calendars, travel, meeting schedules, and correspondence. Coordinate the flow of confidential documents and information. Regularly update business development activities in the firm’s client relationship management (CRM) databases, ensuring accuracy and consistency across team members. Coordinate meetings, including invitations, attendance tracking, agenda preparation, materials coordination, and action items. Oversee document filing/archives.
These essential functions are primary job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation.
- Must efficiently manage Sr. Director and BD Directors’ calendars, expense reports, and complex, often changing, travel (including international travel) and meeting schedules. Prepare Sr. Director for meetings as requested and ensure all relevant documents/materials are prepared and provided. Update and maintain client relationship management (CRM) database. Enter new contacts, opportunity pipelines, etc., as requested. The BDA must be proactive, detailed, and thorough in their ability to log activities and manage a high volume of data. Ability to troubleshoot issues as they arise and/or escalate to appropriate resources when needed. Must prioritize and coordinate multiple projects efficiently and simultaneously.
- Serve as a liaison between Sr. Director, BD Directors, attorneys, and staff. Support and coordinate business development support requests and information from across the firm (such as finding/providing appropriate resources and answers to questions, as well as facilitating good relations between Sr. Director, BD Directors, and internal and external clients). Resourcefulness is key as the BDA must understand how to effectively navigate firm systems and workflows to meet deadlines.
- The BDA will have access to sensitive and confidential information and must exhibit tact, diplomacy, and discretion. The BDA must keep department-related processes on track by anticipating needs, being proactive, and exercising excellent independent judgment. The BDA will maintain and manage other department-related administrative tasks as needed.
- Ability to draft, edit, proofread, and redline various types of communications (i.e., email correspondence and/or documents) to ensure accuracy of copy, grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Assist with departmental budgets, research, resolve and reclass misappropriated expenses, and inform appropriate personnel of the status of budget accounts.
- Must be willing to implement strong routine follow-up on assigned tasks and demonstrate independent judgment, when necessary, to help keep critical firm processes on track.
- Will interface regularly with the firm’s clients, partners, multiple members of firm management, as well as other executive assistants and HQ staff.
- Be present at work during regularly scheduled working hours and as needed in the position, consistent with the firm’s attendance expectations.
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned.
Specific Skills Required
- A demonstrated ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office suite, especially with Word and Outlook. Strong organizational skills, general technology skills, and the proven ability to learn new concepts and applications quickly. Experience with contact and sales management databases is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Ability to exercise judgment and work independently.
- The ability to coordinate complex travel arrangements through direct sources as well as the firm travel department for an active schedule of travel that frequently includes last-minute changes.
- Strong formal writing skills and ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Accurate typing and outstanding verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent grammar, proofreading abilities, and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential to this position in dealing with both internal and external clients, attorneys, colleagues, and personnel. Must be a team player.
- Must have a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and be highly organized.
- Highly polished and poised executive presence.
Specific Skills Preferred
Functional knowledge of basic business structure and terminology is beneficial.
Education And Experience
Strong administrative support background with a minimum of 5 years of experience in an administrative assistant or similar role. Requires a bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience, or equivalent. Law firm, legal department, or professional services experience preferred.
Company: Perkins Coie LLP
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Portland, OR
Application Deadline: N/A